My Max Speed is 25mph, Are Rallys for Me?

I've all but given up on trying to make my PA50-II Go Faster (Short of Boring the Cylinder, Replacing Piston Rings or Getting Aftermarket Exhaust / Carb) i've pretty much come to terms with the modest 25mph my ped an do, it gets me from A-to-B,

Simple question, at your Rallys with a few dozen peds, are there a good number of people who are doin at best 25? Do they get laughed at like the fat girl in dodgeball? Is there any respect for being able to turn over a once non-functioning 30-year-old moped?

Re: My Max Speed is 25mph, Are Rallys for Me?

rallys are for everyone. theres a couple people at the boston rides with slow peds, and then theres people with 50+ mph bikes.

Zachary Evans, Destroyer of Worlds /

You'll get left behind by the main people every so often, but there's always a tail of the group.

Being slow, it's good to get some cell numbers, but I've ridden bikes like that, and there were still people behind me.

It'll be worth it.

Rally's will more than likely ask you to step off your moped and go to the walk-up window. Moped _rallies_, however, would be right up your alley.

You'll be fine since there will probably be at least one or two other people going as slow as you. Rallies are fun, although I'd like to make the statement that they're more fun when you can keep up with the pack rather than being miles and miles behind. (Believe me, I'm well-qualified to comment on being at the back of the pack.) Just find some slow buddies and stick together -- that makes it a lot more fun.

yes, but if u can get it up to 30 you might have more fun

I can't get it up!

speedometer erectile disfunction?

bad performance :(

Maitland Of the Loin /

prolly not west coast rallys :O

You want a rally bike to go at least 35 all day. It only takes one unblocked red light to become totally lost, and that goes for the whole group in the back.

A lost group sucks worse than lost single rider, because by all rights there should be someone there who knows where you should go, but there isn't. A wrong turn and the support vehicles are gone too.

Call someone?

Sure, but you are lost, don't know where you are, and you have to get someone who isn't riding to get you to the end spot of the ride, not just caught up with the group.

why not just do all the aforementioned work and make it go faster. seriously, do it. you really have no excuse. in the time it took you to post this you could have have the top end apart and been half way there. get it to 30. i did bomb prom on my ssxl toping out at 30 and it was fine. sure i got a little behind at times, but you can always catch up, and i wasnt dead last. until the throttle cable snapped. _then_ i was dead last. but still...

yeah.

make it faster.

Boring the Cylinder - Not Able to Do It Myself

Replacing Piston Rings - No Money

Aftermarket Exhaust - No Money

Aftermarket Carb - No Money

Believe me, If I had the money I'd have kitted this fucker out.

a pa-50II should hit 30 no prob, mine goes 31-32 before 4 stroking, and I wieght 200-210 depending on the day what is still wrong with your ped?

Got it used with 6900 miles on it

Tank was completely rusty,

There was no petcock or fuel filter to speak of

No Air Filter

Completely Carbon Packed Exhaust.

I haven't even bothered checking the Bottom End Gaskets yet.

« Go to Topic — end of thread