i hate bing.

im very angry with bing at the moment. ive taken this carb apart prolly 15 times. ive messed with the float. ive cleaned it. and recleaned it. then i put a new jet it. today i was riding to drumline practice and it just cut out. and it wont start again. im pretty sure its the float. so im thinkin about buying a new dellorto from treats or sumthing. any other suggestions?

Re: i hate bing.

ooh by the way this is on a 1980 puch maxi.

When you flip your carb upside down make sure the float is exactly even and not dipping down.

What I ended up doing with mine was pulling the float pin and putting it in a drill and running it for a short time holding fine sand paper against it to polish it up (you need to then insert the other end so you can polish the and that was in the chuck). I polished my float needle just a tiny bit and then throughly cleaned the needle-seat with carb cleaner and a cotton swab. I found that mine was frequently hanging up and most of this was caused by the float pin having a build up of oxidation mixed with varnish. I also still had globs of nastiness emanating from the tank, an in-line filter fixed this. Bing carbs have the wonderful advantage of being simple and robust. Dellortos are nice but can be a headache to set up as it won't be jetted to your bike. Also the Idle jet on Dellortos are a weak design and are very prone to clogging.

thanks wiffleball. so you polished the hole that the float needle goes in? and the needle itself?

wiffle is talking about a sqare bing. You have a round one

you can polish your carb, but your needle has a rubber tip. Dont polish that LOL.

hahaha yeah i know that. im just really getting annoyed. all i want to do it ride. and everytime it gets running it dies again. rrrgggg

The square Bing is the worst. I feel for you, man.

nah i got the circle one. its a biatch as well.

2 words...dellortos rock!! Go for the switch.

i have no idea if mine is round or square, it looks kind of like a shapeless internal organ to me, but my float was having mad trouble. the problem was that it wasn't moving freely, i had to loosen the prongs that attach the float to the little pin that holds it on because the pin itself was clean, just the prong-loops were getting hung up.

that made the float move freely and fixed my problems. also dousing everything in carb cleaner.

the square bings are only stock on sachs, not puchs bret, der. :)

and its wierd cause when i adujst it to give it more gas. it gives it too much but when i adjust it to give it a little less it doesnt give it enough. thats why im annoyed..

This is our new puppy. Her name is bing. Seriously, who could hate something so cute? :)

1215543089_bing.jpg

nah, I'm talking about the bing on my murray, I polished up the pin that the float pivots on. On the needle (the valve part) I polished the shaft of it not the tip.

The square bing isn't the worst, That crazy thing that comes on jawas is the worst. Or maybe that goofy gurtner on the motobecanes.

haha nice erinl yeah im gonna go polish tht shit now and maby loosen up the little hole on the float where the pin goes through. hopefully tht will work.

I've swapped all of my Bings for Dellorto and Mikuni carbs.

I like the Dellortos the most; so simple and robust. Yeah, robust. ...

if its a 12 or 14mm there is a tiny screen inside the banjo bolt where the fuel line connects.... take that apart and if there is a screen in there get rid of it... they clog all the time!

also when i took my petcock out to clean the tank there were filters on the petcock one of them was ripped and i cleaned them and ust threw them back in. so idk it might be tht.

i also hate the round bing. I must have misread the posts above mine. I know what bings came on what, Erin, thanks.

I happily just put 15mm dellortos on everything.

i dont know why anyone hates a square bing any more then a round one. I find they leak less once fixed.

susan you have a square bing. I have tons.

Then again let me tell you about the delorto on my garelli that is 30 years old and what a bitch it is to work on.

Wait. Its never been of the bike. Rips. Delorto. Screw em all unless they work perfectly.

Its a little harder for peeps like susan, erin and i to gun dellorto's on our sachs, but if anyone has any solutions im all frigging ears and a 14:12

buy a replacement float?

put an encarwi on that bee-yatch

Timmy Southpark /

fuck the bing! go dellorto!

shittttt so my bro has got a pocket bike. and it broke. but! its still got a good carb! so im taking the carb off and it looks like it will fit. ill post results tomorrow. im only about half way done. its getting kind of late and im getting tired. and that is why im starting to rant. so ill stop.

Oh no! Not the E-word!

IMO, Bings are junk. I FINALLY got mine to working pretty decent, but it still leaks, and has for the past 4,000 miles. I will eventually replace it with a Dellorto, or maybe rig one from a Honda Express to fit. Nothing could be worse than a stock Bing. Peace, Jerry

***Vanilla Thunder*** /

gurtners are worse, but a square bing suck shit waffles too

Actually the rubber tip can be polished just as well as the metal one. I've chucked them very lightly in a slow drill clamped in the vise and 'reprofiled' the tip with a little flat piece of 600-800 grit sandpaper soaked in oil. Cleans up the groove worn into it very nicely.