sweet vindication

So, last summer I rode my Puch to work to save gas and to keep the mileage off my car(for the joy of it too). Needless to say my co worker busted my ass for to all summer, But fuck em. This year is very different . Just about everyone who laughed last year is asking me where they can find one. My turn to laugh when I tell them " your to late, the really good stuff went last year and early this year". This one cock sucker asked if I wanted to sell my Puch. I told him sure $800. He asked why so much and I explain supply and demand to him carefully and that a stock Puch can go for $600 . Plus I added all the fun add ons. Maybe I should have said a grand?

Re: sweet vindication

Matt Scout The Scouting Dcon /

Easily. The other night this guy who was visiting some pals at the garage next to Wonder Camp was talking to Chad and Nick about mopeds. Eyeing up Nick's custom Pinto, he asked about a selling price. So he comes up with some high but fair price for his _entirely custom_ bike, which the guy acts surprised about. Nick explained all the work and effort that has gone into that bike and the guy came to understand the high price.

Personally, I hate that presumption. "How much would you sell that for?" For me, the reply is "Not for sale". It's almost funny when you see that indignant look on their face. Like it never occurred to them that some things are worth more than money.

i used my not-for-sale bike to bait people into stopping at our yard sale.

Man, that is just wrong.

Did it work?

Cosmo nPuch Stillstolen /

Mine are always for sale, just that no one will pay my price. ($50,000 plus clear all my debts and pay off my mortgage)

hellz yeah it worked. i know it was cruel, but it worked like gangbusters. Dudes drive up, buy something else just to not look desperate, then ask "oh by the way, how much for the scooter?"

To be honest, I'll never pull up to a Garage Sale and hop out of my car

Unless theres a Moped

You sneaky bastard. You'd so guilt me into buying something worthless.

haha yeah the proceeds were going to help send neighborhood kids to camp. So that helped guilt people too.

Cosmo nPuch Stillstolen /

A nearly perfect scheme

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account