Fastest Stock Moped Ever Made

what is the fastest unmolested under 50 cc moped ever made?

I guess I'm kinda pissed that mopeds were fucked with to make them slow. In high school I had a Honda Cub 50 scooter and that thing easily cruised at 45mph but my puch moped would barely go 27mph

I loved the honda. it was a bad idea to try to off road with it. kerpunk. The puch is nice too. everyone in cars drives too damn fast though. it's hard to feel safe.

with a pipe, high flow filter and larger carb I think I have the ped up around 35 (speedo stops at 30) but when everyone else is going 45-50 on a 35mph road it just pisses me off.

Re: Fastest Stock Moped Ever Made

I would say Derbi, but most states yould not consider the Cub a moped due to the top speed and transmission.

103, or maybe a moby super 51

what speeds are we talkin?

36 or a bit more if its a good day

I know my Carabela kicks some ass and it's stock. Mid to high thirties easy. At least it did until I rode up the curb at 1977. Then it went 25 with the choke on the whole way home.

My called would be a toss up between the Derbi and the Peugeot TSM. Both are pretty nasty fast

rock the variated. yum.

Derbi. </thread>

ive seen completely stock sachs eagle II's with the d-engine go 40.

mmmmmmmmm my peugeot tsm..... superfast....

makes me wanna cream my pants lol

TSM's are not that fast. I have a totally stock 1980 TSM that runs perfect. I also have a Derbi RD50 and a Derbi C-5 Diablo that run perfectly. A stock Tomos Targa will run with all three, it may even be a bit faster. The TSM is the best bike on a hill though. From what I've heard the Derbi Variant Sport from around 1984 is the fast Derbi but I've never ridden one.

A 30mph moby in perfect trim will usually see around 34-35, my Hobbit tops out at 31-32 and I way outwiegh the weight limit of it..lol...I used to race a guy with a tsm when I was a kid so they prob go about the same as a 30 mph moby, I had to mod my moby a bit to beat him, and then it was only by a bit, LOVE the tsm, but content with my moby! Anyone in MN selling a tsm? I want it, need not run but must be complete, have ready cash!

I had a Honda 50cc Street Scrambler. It was rated for 43mph and would show it on the speedo. I wish I had it now. The four speed trans made the difference

Jack

dude not a moped, my k11 suzuki go like 60mph but its not a ped

So how fast do these things go with pipes, worked carbs and piston kits?

6 mph

My Trac Clipper was GPS'ed at 38

I would say Derbi.

I'm totally biased because I own a Derbi Varriant.

Too bad it doesn't run yet...

I would LOVE a sixties era Honda 50 Super Sport. They are so sweet. They fetch 3 to 4 grand tho

1215607230_ss50z.jpeg

Local guy on Derbi Variant runs about 50+ with a few tweaks.

im pretty sure i have broke 40 on both my derbi variant and peugeot 103.. the peugeot takes way longer to get there, though.

Steve Williams /

clocked a malaguti olympique at 63 mph on a disused runway.

jonvd if you are talking about my derbi . it was a lot of work , lot of hard to find/make parts to have a decently fast derbi. I do not recommend anybody getting a derbi due to the huge hassle of getting parts . on average derbis will go 35 40 stock.

for the hassle you might as well get a tomos with a biturbo.

« Go to Topic — end of thread