Oil Injection On Tomos

Hello I have a question about my soon to be acquired Tomos ST:

Is it OK to just put premix in this oil injection engine? Ive had bad experiences with OI in other engines and would just like to use premix in my new Tomos. Or...does the OI have to be removed/disconnected somehow?

Thanks!

Re: Oil Injection On Tomos

if you have a new bike and do not plan on putting a large bore kit on it you really should just keep it. just make sure the oil lines dont get kinked and u will never have a problem.

if you have an older (like 3+ years) totally take that shit off. and yeah u do have to disconnect the whole thing.

Lil MotoGuzzi Vert /

situation... defused.

Should have gotten a sprint.

None availible.

I understand your squeamishness, It is OK to run pre-mix on this though. I would run the injection until the warranty is up, then re-evaluate it. I'm still running the injector on my stock '94 bullet TT only because I can't make up my mind whether to keep or sell it. I wish these companies would put a little sight glass in the injection line so you can make sure it's working.

What would happen if you just put premix in the tank and left the OI alone?

you'd probably foul plugs more often and need to clean your exhaust more frequently. I've often considered hooking the injector lines together so as to disable the pump but keep it lubed. I don't want to destroy the system because it is an attractive option if I try to sell it. If you bought your bike new I'd just ride it until the warranty runs out. If something goes wrong you'd hate to have a voided warranty.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account