not a moped but SYM wowow WOW!

General Jackson /

this used to be a honda super cub made by SYM in the 70's, honda stopped importing them into america but they have grown to become the number 1 motorcycle in the world! should be for sale in america next year at around $2000 for a 4 speed 125cc bike that looks sweet. can you really go wrong if you are looking to go real freakin fast but not ride a big boy bike?

1215473200_sym_wowow_yellow.jpg

Re: not a moped but SYM wowow WOW!

You FAIL...

sorry i gotta agree. ugly as shit, spoke rims, drum brakes, cheap motor there are a lot better things out there for 2k.

funny but you owned a madass and ugly bike with an even shittier engine

il just stick with my 1971 honda cub

lol i think the madass is way cooler looking than THAT! The madass is something new and different it isnt trying and failing to look vintage.

dont get your panties in a bunch im not insulting your 71 dude. that IS vintage and has a HONDA motor.

p.s. the lifan has turned out to be an awesome motor, i ride and rev the shit out of that thing and its got over 5k miles so far without a problem.

im just kiddin too i wouldnt spend the money on either of them

I'll buck the trend here and say I like it! If I could get a vintage Honda Cub/Super Cub/Passport I would, but this wouldn't be a bad alternative, and I have heard some good things about Sym's.

like it but it probably has a lifan on it meaning my c88 (c70 88cc kit) could beat it

i think i just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

I've been watching that ever since I first heard about it several months ago. There is still some doubt whether it will be sold in the U.S. SYM actually has proven to be pretty decent quality with their scooters. Take the dorky looking decals off that thing, and I think it would look great. But having owned a Jialing Passport, which fell apart, I'd be a little leary of this bike, especially if it has the same "clutchless" transmission as the Jialing. At least the Jialing was cheap. As far as Lifan, I seriously doubt the engine is made by Lifan, but I have a Lifan 200cc motorcycle with over 16,000 kms on it, and have had to do nothing but replace the battery and chain. Peace. Jerry.

i like it, id totally take one for a test ride.

~SABAT!

sym makes decent stuff and this at least looks better than most of the ugly ass scooters on the market.

I really don't see the difference in this and the Honda Passport/Cub, depending on the quality. The Jialing was basically junk, though it was nice to look at. If they do come to the U.S., and if you want one, I'd get it as quick as possible, nostalgia doesn't seem to be selling as well as it used to, and it probably won't be on the market very long. If Honda would sell the Passport again, exactly as it was in '81 and '82, for under $3000, I would definitely buy one. I thought pretty much everybody on here was into the vintage look? I've seen several people say they wish they could buy brand new mopeds that were just like the ones they made back in the '70s, and that the main problem with Tomos was that they were too modern, with too much plastic. Peace, Jerry.

ಠ_ಠ Jon Folks ಠ_ಠ /

loved the picard pic

General Jackson /

this is the EXACT same motorcycle as the honda super cub. it has space age polymer plastic instead of 1980's plastic, but it is the same. the factory has been open and shipping these the entire time. honda just stopped carrying the model. it's the number 1 motorcycle in the world for a reason. my thought was to ditch some of the plastic and give it a sweet paintjob.

I realize I wouldn't get a brojob if I showed up to a rally on one of these it still seems like a good deal

it seems to be missing all the best little details about the older cubs and passports. comon' they got rid of the awesome handlebars.

Here is another SYM pic,

Definitly not available in the US. I like the look a lot better than a Scoot "toilet on wheels". They kind of remind me of the CT90's and 110's. Great bikes if you can get one.

-Curly

1215540872_sym.jpg

Spoked wheels are my new fave. Super light.

I had a 1965 cub 50. it was an awesome little bike. quiet and powerful

General Jackson /

i wonder what all you could chop off/mod on this.

you know, lose the sidings switch out the handlebars.

they are regearing the transmission, it's currently a cyclicle transmission you know n-1-2-3-4-n-1-2-etc.

andin america it has to ba 1 down three up. i don't understand why, other than all other motorcycles in america are this way, they won't allow that proccess. I had a 50cc motorcycle that was geared like that and it was fine, and I thought preferable.

if you are in 4th and you are coming to a stop, neutral is just one click away.

this new gearing style will make it more expensive too by the way,

thanks america

FFFFFFFFAAAAAAAIIIIIIILLLLL!

« Go to Topic — end of thread