The roads you ride.....

What would you guys say is the average speed of the cars on the roads you ride on daily....not the speed limit.

Re: The roads you ride.....

35-40mph tho i live on a very busy road.

Frostback Ditch /

60 km/h average, I know I'm guilty of it also when I'm driving the car.

Anywhere from 45-60 MPH I suppose - but then I'm fearless, and maybe a little stupid :P

On the residential roads I ride on, people go about 30-35. Posted speed is 25-30. On the few main roads I take, people go at least 40, but the posted speed limit is never over 35. I can get up to about 35 on a good day, so I figure I'm safe (relatively speaking) on roads where the posted speed limit is 35. If people want to get angry about how "slow" I'm going, then they can kiss my ass because I'm going the speed limit.

I live way outside of town and the traffic goes about 55 to 70 mph.

Thats on 2 lane roads where the limit is 50 mph.

In town they still go about 35 mph.

Most drivers give me lots of room when they pass , but some nearly sideswipe me .They suck .

Rick

speed limit here is 25 every one goes 45 or above except me and a grandma

So for you guys who ride on rodes where the average speed is 50+, you just stay as far to the right and clench your ass? Or do some of you use the shoulder where there is one? The reason why I'm asking is because I'll be in the market for something in about a week or two. There are two ways to work, that are the same distance and time. One is a major road where the average speed is 55+, the other is a twisty series of backroads with the speed tops out at about 55. Part of it is residential with massive speed humps the size of blue whales. Everything in my neighborhood is close and everything else is accessible via freeway access roads. If I get a moped, I'm definitely going to mod it. I'm debating between a moped and a scooter.

Well, I personally just ram the speedbumps (the larger they are, the faster you can hit them, BTW. It's the small, steep ones that will gitcha)

But, you can just use the shoulder. I don't think anybody will care.

--Scott

I stay as far to the right as possible without going of the road .

I have a rear view mirror on the left side and I check it often.

Where the speed limit is 30 mph , I just go down the middle of the road .

Drive around the speed bumps as fast as you can , with a shit eating grin on your face .

Rick

For me, its not so much the speed of the cars on the road as it is the amount of traffic. More cars makes it easier for a moped not to be seen.

The road I ride on people go any where from 35 thought 140 in some cases.

There's races on my road

:]

1215454280_img_0393.jpg

55+ when im going into town. the speed limit is 50

its kinda nuts but since im kitted up i just roll with traffic. but before i threw the kit .. it was kinda scary but there was a big shoulder and at night the road is DEAD so it doesnt really matter then

We cant race on my road any more. To many people have wrecked and a few have died. If we are found speeding on my road you lose your license.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account