Moped oil

Anyone know a common store that would sell "moped oil"...walmart maybe?

Re: Moped oil

yea its just motor oil you put in it or if your talking about 2 stroke oil they will still have it. DONT GET MARINE OIL!!!

If you're looking for a bottle that says "Moped oil," you're going to be looking for a long time. However, if you go to Walmart and look for "Two-stroke oil" or "Two cycle oil," you should have much better luck. You most likely want the kind for air-cooled engines since very few mopeds are not air-cooled.

Jerry Franek /

Mopedlar uses Pennzoil 2 stroke marine synthetic and so do I.

dollar store FTW

I have started using Amsoil... it's pretty rad. Go to your local auto parts store and get some.

Are you looking for oil to mix in with your gas?

or Tranmission oil to do an oil change with?

For premix = any 2 stroke will work. Stay away from cheap crap.

For tranmission = 10w30, and also ATF type F

Hey here is my two cents worth.

I just bought a 2008 sprint at the local shop. Having to mix the gas and oil because the sprint has no oil injection system. I was told buy a 5 gallon can and pour one bottle of synthetic two stroke oil into the can. the bottle was a 50 to 1 mix at 5 gallons. if you measure you will pour to much or not enough and burn something or clogg something. Synthetic is not much more and is alot better. I recomend synthetic oil....

Puchs LOVE Synthetic oil and tranny fluid.... I highly recommend it... it's well worth the extra couple of bucks!

Castrol 2stroke is cheapish and good shit. If you're not running a kit or you are breaking one in, that's my recommendation. Most likely available at most commercial auto parts stores. MOTUL is a good synthetic, available at most dirt bike shops. pricey.

When I initially got my $20 Puch running after cleaning the carb, I had the wife run out real quick to Pep Boys before they closed to get some 2 stroke oil. She got the cheap stuff that goes in everything from marine to weed wackers (bless her heart, I didn't specify which oil, as I hadn't the need to prior to obtaining the ped). That stuff is messy and gooey, and ran smokey. I drained all that crap out and started over with the Lucas semi-synthetic at $5.99 a bottle. Much better.

But seriously, what 2 stroke oil do y'all recommend, with price NOT being an issue?

Steer clear of Klotz super techniplate with 20percent castor oil.

Runs nice, smells wonderful! Have to decarbonized head piston exhaust manifold and exhaust twice a season.

to be fail, the bottle says "intended for racing engines only"

...but at full throttle 90 percent of the time, you mean the Puch doesn't qualify?

the bottle ought to say "intended for engines that you will be breaking down and servicing after every second race"

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account