Boston?? Boston!!

Hello all,

I have been pretty stagnant here at MA, finishing up my Sr. Thesis at U of Cincinnati, but Im done and graduated so its time to pick up where my life left off before senior year...

With one acception, I am going to leave Cincinnati and pick up life in the great city of Boston. I am moving to Boston in mid August, and I am trying to move to the city with as little as possible. This poses a question...do I bring my ped, or buy one in MA?

How is the licensing in MA? Is it even possible to bring a bike into the state and license it without a title?

A little love from the Boston dudes would be great, please fill me in on the Moped deal in MA.

Also, I look forward to riding with all of you in a few short months, a little Nasty Natty' I feel like my Nasty Natty' charm should be a good basis for starting a life in Boston.

See you all soon,

John

Re: Boston?? Boston!!

Damn....I need to learn to proof read...

john ill probably be out by then but just bring your bike and we'll fake a bill of sale.... half the time they done even ask for it. no title needed just the vin as long as the bike isnt stolen i think we're good. the registration sticker is 40 bucks for 2 years it aint too bad at all. the khz is loking foreward to seeing you

i would def bring your moped. mopeds are tricky to find in boston, and they can be mad ducats. (according to me anyways)

Perfect! Thats all I needed to hear....

Just wanted to make sure it would be registerable.

Thanks for the help guys/gals....I just found out I got an apartment in Brighton, and I can move in August 25th...So I'll holler around the 26th. Look forward to meeing all of you....

J-twizzle

i brighton? get one of those fake rocks you store your spare keys in, except for your entire moped.

Apollo, you better be good at moped jousting because thats what we do here.

Brighton that bad?!

It cant be much worse than Cincinnati.

Plus, we have a basement, so I got that going for me, which is nice. (its a house)

Any MA-ers on here from the BAC by any chance?

I've been known carry large objects while I ride, so I think I can handle jousting. Ill bring my helmet.

Sounds good to me man. I'm in allston so we're basically neighbors....I think jawadude is up in brighton too.

Doesn't Cory live in Brighton too? It's not bad, just loud.

I don't think you even need a title or BOS if you have your prior registration from another state. Could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's what they told me.

(when I lived in Brighton for three months, one of my roomates turned out to be a gay prostitute and meth addict whose clients smoked crack in the house, and who had a meth-induced paranoid psychotic breakdown about 6 or 8 weeks into living with him. Then the house got infested with fleas and got broken into and my computer was stolen. However, I believe my experience is the exception to the rule.)

A+ life experience, amanda.

Sullivan & Sullivan,llp /

I would expect shenanigans like that in Southie, but never in Brighton. At least there aren't any college kids in Southie. It's no fun driving through puddles of vomit on saturday and sunday mornings.

seriously though glad to have another moped in brighton

Yeah by loud I meant loud and drunk college kids. I'm certain those kind of shenanigans go on all around me now, but I live by myself so I don't have to know about them : )

I'm sure my neighbors hate me too. Moped Jay was revving the hell out of the Express with the muffler off at like noon on Sunday in my back "yard".

Anyway John, I didn't mean to scare you off...pretty much everyone under the age of 30 that moves to Boston lives in Allston/Brighton at some point, it's really not bad, and there's lots of stuff to there.

Ah dont worry Amanda P, I dont know if and of you have ever spent a night in Clifton (Cincinnati) but I have grown numb to loud noises, puking, gun shots, sirens and broken glass infested streets. Meth addicts however, that'll be a new experience.

Ya, I really didnt care where I lived, I have two roomates that are at the school I am going to (grad school) and I let them pick a place. I just need somewhere to sleep and a floor to store my moped parts and guitars on.

I really do look forward to meeting/riding with all of you though, if you guys are half as cool as my impression of Boston thus far then you are, like, this |.......................| cool (thats a lot).

parts of brighton are actually quite lovely as boston goes. im not sure how much theft might be an issue, i was more referring to drunken revelers fiddling with anything thats not screwed on tight.

That is quite the story....here on the Medford/Somerville side things are nice and peachy..

haha

Ya, it was suggested that I move to Brighton because of the younger crowd, and the fact that I am totally fresh to the East Coast, especially the New England states. I heard its a bit cheaper to live there too, but I found out real quick that "cheaper" in Boston is still expensive as hell. Oh well though, it looks like we got a nice place.

Anyone know where School Street is? Thats where I will reside as of August.

are you sure youre not in lower allston? i dont know of a school street in brighton. those are two very different locations. either way, not particularly cheap due t the fixed supply of students willing to pay too much for too little.

Ya, at least thats the address...

23 School St.

Brighton, MA 02446

I havent even actually seen it yet, I have two roomates from the school I am going to that picked it out. So, if anyone is close to there, or familiar with the area, I could REALLY use some advice or insight regarding the neighborhood.

Sorry, its actually 02312, not 02446

AH, 02135....I keep looking at the wrong address

02135 is brighton 02134 is allston, it looks like ur right on the allston/brighton line just like me yay! School st is like a mile from my place, if you like drinking alot, all the time. Then we should hang out.

Justin, I think you are my new favorite Boston friend.

I see your email, do you go to WIT? I actually stayed at the WIT about 2 months ago, I came up for a convention and they set us up with cheap rooms there.

You should use google maps and the streetview function to look around your new digs.

You still have that Trac I sold you Apollo?

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account