new

hi. my name is will and I'm new.

Re: new

oh yeah, i'm from boston so I will be seeing some of you around.

Hi Will, my name is David Paul Armsden and I also, am new. Isn't it so much fun being new? All of this cool stuff, it only gets better! I was so stoked to get my first moped about a month ago and now, just like everybody else, I want more more more! My current ped is kinda slow, I guess, that's what everybody tells me. However, when I'm riding it, it feels fast as a fucking bullet! I love it! My moped is a step through....think of an old style schwinn bicycle(womens) but I really want a top tank......think of a motorcycle. The reason for this being that top tanks look the balls and in most cases, are faster as well. My current bike goes about 28mph on flat and way faster down hills.....I did 35mph and it was so much fun!!!!!!!!! Anyway, what type of moped do you have? Do you know about the Wed. night rides? Do you know about fix-it sessions? If not, myself or any of the other Boston moped riders will explain what's up to you......Everyone is super helpful and really nice/outgoing. There is a fix-it tomorrow at Joe Ho's house. Joe Ho is a legend of a moped rider/modifier. I've never met him myself and I'm super excited. If you have tomorrow open then you should ride out to Joe's. Nice to cyber meet you.

Sincerely,

David Paul Armsden

Welcome. Use the search function to answer all of your questions, and have a good time.

Jake Shaughnessy /

did u get that magnum from andrew?

Yep, got the magnum from Andrew.

wow, you got a bad ass first moped. im restoring a magnum right now from the ground up myself. happy mopeding.

General Jackson /

man I would like a magnum, i'm on my third puch and I just bought a 77 sachs on ebay, it has coaster brakes!

I personally like going 40 at the max, i have small motorcycle that goes 60 and that's a little scary for me.

for the most part I like to keep things stock. stick to the heritage of what it is. and 30mph is pretty fun, also you don't run the risk of getting pulledover. if anything I would want to soop mine up so that it has more pickup and not a super top speed since I"m a delivery driver on it, and the speed limit is 30 everywhere in nashville anyway. plus the hills, the hills can be rough on a ped with little pickup.

I used to live in downtown boston (emerson college) and would have loved to have had one there, but nashville isn't as crazy, and better backroads/ less traffic.

welcome to the club anyway, enjoy your pedaphiling!!!

Welcome. This place is a great resourse. Nine out of ten of us are jealouse of your beautiful Magnum. Swear to the moped lifestyle, and you're in!

youngins got so much energy

Welcome, you have found the best resource for real info, mra's site is great for downloading manuals etc but are a bit more uptight. Enjoy your moped and practice practice! be safe and Best of luck to you!

sweet, another jamaica plain person. slowly but surely. welcome. can't wait to see your magnum around town.

« Go to Topic — end of thread