Brobq.

My bike wont make the 100 mile ride at 27mph tops unless i manage to figure out why it wont go faster.

Anyone else face this dilemma thats going?

if so, if there's enough people, we should work something out for those not going on the ride.

Re: Brobq.

the ride is pretty slow

We will not be blasting 50 miles to Indiana. Group speed at rallies is typically decided by the majority, and fast bikes are in the minority. You know that scene Return Of The Jedi where the rebel fleet is massing and preparing to make the jump into hyper space and all the little rebel fighters are flying between and through the cruisers and frigates? It's kinda like that.

I wouldn't worry about it.

awesome.. now i just have to tune my peds so they run well for this ride...

And to rig a ghetto light system for my qt50 with no ignition, so I can bring a friend along.

Im at a bit of a loss for which of my bikes to ride though,

My benelli does about 25 comfy and edges up to 30 slowly, but may just need a carb clean (Hopefully),

MY qt50 has mad low end and races up to 27 and cruises at that, but is missing a headlight and ignition so I have to rig lights,

and my honda ct70 doesnt clasify as a ped, or have a headlight right now, (or speed) hauls ass.

decisions decisions...

I will more than likely be driving the chase van and I will be less than happy if someone breaks down 10 minutes into the ride because they decide to roll the dice and see if their junker will make the full hundred miles. I would advise testing your bike out this week...

oh Im not worried about breaking down, My bikes could all handle it, its just a matter of speed/lights. But if speed isnt a problem, then I think were good.Besides the fact im sure someone could help me tweak me and my friends bike to figure out why its not at full potential.

I would just like the say the splash graphic on the blingbq site is incredible.

I would also like to state, If I get my new carb this week and Tune it up the ride shall be fun. If not I'l be out in the first 25 minutes because im sure i'll break down.

sir thaddeusforemen /

i wana go bad! gime a ped to ride! haha, i have a 10 passenger van (now a 13 passenger) and it could fit about 5 or 6 peds easy. =] so if anyone has a spare that wants a lift, i'm ur man =D

,I may have a spare bike for you to ride, depending on if I can fit all three in my truck. If so, you'd have to pay for gas, and I reccomend getting a flashlight for a headlight. something 6v and decent sized. Its headlight is out and I dont feel like buying a new one right now. Its also technically not a ped, youd be riding my honda ct70, a 4 stroke 70cc bike, with three gears.

sir thaddeusforemen /

haha im down as long as i can ride =] i'll pay for gas & food or w.e, just leme know

This ride is great. I went on it and there were some amazing spots that made it seem like I was in a moped riding wet dream. That dream can quickly turn into a cold sweat nightmare if your bike fails on you. So use your head and make that ped reliable and display that MA tuning knowledge. Happy blasting and Ill see you at the beach.

Wayne, that is the best analogy I have ever heard.

Thank you very much

So whats an expected turnout for the rally?

Jake Shaughnessy /

alot

alot as in 50+ or alot as in 100+

ummmm there is more than 100 peds in chicago so i assume ALOT

Wayne

More starwars analogs

ಠ_ಠ Jon Folks ಠ_ಠ /

Its a trap!

the first half of the ride is stop and go. but once we get out of chicago its looong fast cruising roads. + keep in mind we are going on LSD which is pretty much like a freeway. That's 4 miles of the ride without stops. I recommend everyone to bring the fastest bike they have. If you don't think you can keep up lock up your bike and hop in a car cause we have a bunch of beachtastic activities planned.

as long as theres a bunch of people doing 30 around me doing 30, im fine with that. Im also fine with being the last person there.

Hahaha.

no u won't be the last person there i beat some one once they broke down :S

Ill be driving the chase van so _Ill_ be the last one there. Last year had 115 mopeds in the big ride on Saturday so...

sir thaddeusforemen /

please be advised that LSD has has HELLA potholes. I think they stop around the navy peir ramp. I think randolph? Are we gona go down thru wacker drive??? That'll be hella fun. haha

no potholes on LSD where we are going.

we enter on 30th and run it down past the museums...

wacker on friday night.

Just a heads up to Gen Forum folks

we have very limited housing. there may be some places you can crash but we cannot guarantee anything to non Branch members.

We'll post a list of a few hostels, and area hotels as well.

sir thaddeusforemen /

ooh ok, kuz the northside of lsd has crazy potholes, but thats cool too. damn, i don't think i'll be able to go on the friday ride >.< nooooooo

Yewah I won't be staying saturday night, I gotta work sunday morning, and I live in the burbs anyway.

I'm so pumped. Ill have my bikes tuned and prepped for the ride.

I'm finishing up on painting and redoing seats.

Leapord print seat on a black and white qt50, and a zebra style benelli blazer.

i hate chicagoans

Ouch. Then get out of the brobq thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account