Group buy of Pirelli 2.25x14 tires (Honda Express)

Jonas Quimby /

I'm sure all the Express owners here have wondered where to get good tires. The only ones I've found in the rather unusual size needed are Cheng Shins and Kendas. Neither are what you would call high quality.

But if you live in parts of Europe you can also get a set of Pirellis that'll fit. For reasons unknown to me Pirelli doesn't sell them to north america, nor will they do a special order of them. I've checked.

So I decided to look into having someone who lives in one of the countries Pirelli does sell them to ship some to me. I've found someone ready and willing, but there's one small problem. Cost.

A pair of Pirelli ML12s in the right size will cost about $80 by the time they get from Italy to Canada, and half that cost is shipping. The shipping price would stay about the same though if I were to order more than 2. So here I am, wondering if any other Express owners would like to pitch in some money to get a set of very good tires brought in. The more people who are interested, the cheaper the tires will get.

If you would be willing to pay for quality tires to replace your old, cracked, or simply cheap ones, let me know so I can work out if this is worth it.

Re: Group buy of Pirelli 2.25x14 tires (Honda Expr

sounds interesting but 80 bucks is pretty expensive for tires

Jonas Quimby /

The idea is that if even one more person wanted a set, the price for them would drop to more like $60. If 3 people want in, they hit $50 a pair. The numbers are approximate, but you get the idea.

Count me in for 2 sets...

I want 2 tires, but only need one but i might just go the cheap route we will see

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

I'm in for a set.

Is this the tread pattern you're looking at getting?

Jonas Quimby /

That's them.

I'll do a bit more checking and see how low I can get the price with the current number of people interested.

Count me in for a set!

Moped Game Sally Struthers /

i know of a gentleman who might be interested in your venture...

I'm riding on tubes.

I'm interested.

Any chance of finding 3.00 x 14 somewheres?

Hey Jax. Two sets, right here.

I just put a set of 2.75x14 on my NC50 last night, they were for the rear on a NU50; sweet tread and nice and fat, but just as expensive as the ones were looking at here.

Jax - Change my order to one set; unless they get to less then $50 a set, then I'll still take 2 sets.

i just need one tire. i need it in like two weeks tho, do you think they'll make it?

Jonas Quimby /

So we're looking at about 18-20 tires right now. I'll try to get a total price and divide it up tomorrow.

I get the feeling it would be a better deal for everyone but me if the tires were sent to someone in the US rather than to me, then they get sent out to everyone from there. If I have to ship these to everyone from Canada, it'll get stupid. Any volunteers?

If they can't get a screw driver from New York to Vancouver in under 3 weeks, I seriously doubt a crate of tires would make it here from Italy in under 2.

John Jorgensen /

Have you placed the order yet? How much are they down to now?

i would love a pair, what would i need to do. i've been looking for tires this size for years. i have three yamaha qt50s that all need new tires. the fronts tire is 2.00x14 and 2.25x14 in the rear. all i can find is cheng shin and kendas. sava has a pair but i can't find them anywhere in the U.S.

have you already ordered?

Ben Van Zoest /

I suppose you want the money up front plus local s/h cost or will you do COD?.

i am in MI i will ship them all for a free set or somthin

wow, i would get a set also if i'm not too late.

Moped Game Sally Struthers /

dude. whats up with this? theres oodles of noodles of interest yet youve blown us all off. if your not going to do it maybe you could relay the information you got so WE can do it.

I would like a set but need them soon. How long of a wait??? Thanks...... Paul......

can you still get the tires

pretty sure bike bandit had these when I was looking for 16 pirelli's

« Go to Topic — end of thread