Pizza and Beer for welding job on exhaust

Anyone in Orange County with skill and a welder willing to help me get my Technigas back on my ped? The weld at the mounting plate broke clean off. It might need a slight bend to get it to fit. I've already cleaned up the welds with a grinder, and all I need is a new friend to help me fit it and weld it back together. In trade I'm offering pizza and beer, (or beverage of choice).

Re: Pizza and Beer for welding job on exhaust

if it tore off and the parts can be matched up ill do it for shipping costs. what kind of bike is it? i weld pipes a lot but i usually need a ped to match up the holes with. if they tear off and leave a nice rip pattern you can mach them up pretty easy. holla

dude

go to your local muffler shop and talk to the guy who is

already welding on somebodies car muffler.

the welder is all warmed up and ready to go and if you flash the cash or pizza/beer i am sure he won*t even talk

to you and weld it up.

do not go to any chain muffler shop. those guys

are always about the money and not about helping

poor guys who just need a small welding job.

works for me all the time.

2008 Tomos ST. Thanks for the offer. I'm pretty sure this job will require the ped in order to get the fit right. The reason it cracked is because the fit was a little off. I bolted it on anyway, and the combo of torque, heat, time, and possibly a shabby weld eventually caused the break.

þλ†Я¡¢k §¡§ΩИ /

good luck to you man..im in the process of trying to get my pipe welded as well..estoril to garelli

I tried a couple of local muffler shops but neither of the guys would touch it. I think if I show up with the joint cleaned up, the mounting plate tacked in the right position with the smallest dab of JB weld, all a guy would need to do is to tack it with a weld, grind off the JB, then finish the weld. I'll try it Saturday at a couple places near by. I'm trying to geterdone for a group ride on Sunday.

It's time for me to learn how to weld, and to buy a rig.

thats why I bought a used little lincoln welder. All the places around here have like a $75 dollar 1 hr shop time min. charge.No matter what it is. I understand why, but still...

I'm down in encinitas and have plenty of welding experiance but only have access to a small fluxcore welder down here at home. Won't be the best but will definitally weld it right up.

I'm outa town for the 4th but will be back Monday.

Email me if you wana cruise down

Thanks bro, I'll take you up on your offer if I can't get it done locally. Although... that would be a great ride.

i can weld just don't have a welder so yeah i am in the same position as u have a preformance exhaust sitting here extra pipe sitting here all lined up just need my friend with a welder to lose some events :P

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account