130cc moped?

So I was looking around on the Wisconsin DOT site and saw that "A moped engine may not exceed...130 CCs in size if it is a bicycle type vehicle with fully operative pedals for propulsion by human power." I was wondering if anyone had heard of any mopeds that were made with 130 cc engines and what that size of engine could do.

130cc moped?

Kansas law states the same but it also says that a moped is supposed to have a maximum speed of 30mph (not that we all don't go faster than that). However I think you would be hard pressed to find a 130cc _anything_ that has a top speed of 30 off the show room floor.

Re: 130cc moped?

maby a wizzer

Exactly... Many older (pre-WW1) motorcycles had pedals and large/low HP engines.

I think most states with laws that allow 130-150cc and 30mph are designed to allow the Whizzer motorbike. Its about the only thing that fits in those categorys.

Leon Swarmer /

KS law got upped to 130cc when a guy wanted to sell the new "whizzers" in Lawrence.

Hi Dustin, from Leon in Topeka.

I'm from topeka! and I had bikes like the one's in your pick stolen a while back!

Hey buddy, looks like my brother and I need to truck it up to Topeka for a ride. Hopefully we will meet all the KS riders on July 19th.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account