That Moped Guy

Air Bud /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I've done it:

I'm my town's "That Moped Guy". Two months of stopping to say hello to strangers and telling the bag boy at the grocery store "I brought my own bags"...

Yesterday was amazing. Took my new Garelli out for her first milk run. Had no less than four strangers stop and ask me "what happened to the red one?"

Went for a sunset ride with my brother, sone by one scooters started joining us till we had a little pack.

My brother loved it so much he's been trying to find a moped all day. He called the junkyard and they were like "Sorry, but we don't have any mopeds, and we already have a moped guy..."

I am the Gas City moped guy.

Other small town riders, you know what i'm talking about. One day you realize you've become like an Andy Griffith character, but instead of the town drunk or the gossip, you're the moped guy.

Big thanks to the Anderson moped guy, Responsible Jon, for making time to sell me a moped even though he was getting married that weekend and moving to Seattle the next.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account