That Moped Guy

I've done it:

I'm my town's "That Moped Guy". Two months of stopping to say hello to strangers and telling the bag boy at the grocery store "I brought my own bags"...

Yesterday was amazing. Took my new Garelli out for her first milk run. Had no less than four strangers stop and ask me "what happened to the red one?"

Went for a sunset ride with my brother, sone by one scooters started joining us till we had a little pack.

My brother loved it so much he's been trying to find a moped all day. He called the junkyard and they were like "Sorry, but we don't have any mopeds, and we already have a moped guy..."

I am the Gas City moped guy.

Other small town riders, you know what i'm talking about. One day you realize you've become like an Andy Griffith character, but instead of the town drunk or the gossip, you're the moped guy.

Big thanks to the Anderson moped guy, Responsible Jon, for making time to sell me a moped even though he was getting married that weekend and moving to Seattle the next.

Re: That Moped Guy

i think i might be the moped guy where i live. i get the same thing. "wheres the yellow one?" "that ones new, huh" and my favorite, "how many of those things do you have?

where I go to school....im definitely "that moped guy"

feels good when people come to you when they want to buy one or ask about them.

Good for you, Nate! It's a fun title!

i have only shown one of mine and yes every one thinks its sweet i park it in the bike rack. people r like hay that's cool, is it legal? mpg? cost? where do they sell them?

I'm def the moped guy of boston. Everyone in boston knows me, the red sox are always like yo wats up moped guy. And I'm like yo not much red sox.

lol xD

phil is moving to Seattle next week??

WOOT!!

I'm pretty sure Phil's already in Seattle. He's not here anymore, that's for sure.

I'm half way there. I live in Nebraska for the next 6 weeks working.

I'm trying to be there in time for Blood Drive, even if I have to fly out.

uggghh, that's what I thought. why are these other folks playing with my emotions??

srsly. . .

With as many people as I've talked to that ask how I like seattle so far, I really should just move right now.

thats how i got the name moped jay from everybody around here calling me that

sigh

Hampton Nh Moped guy , Walk thru the grocery store and its Hey arent you the guy with the mopeds LOL ! The other day I was sent by my wife to get some flowers to plant , I looked like a float coming home on the ped ,Many laughs from people

wtf why would she want to paint flowers

Mopedjay

Justin, being that the Red Sox is the only sport I follow or watch I'll trade my Southie "moped dude" title for your Fenway "Moped Guy" title any day. By the way, can you get autographs! Oy!!! However, Mopedjay has some big shoes to fill around here - I've been to his spot. He is the Moped Guy but it's a toss up between he and the SABAT~ bros as to who received the most childhood inoculations with two-stroke oil - I'm kinda leaning toward Jay, because every time he arrives in town he has that awkwardly pleasant aroma of two-stroke.

plant.

I am exactly that guy of warwick, ny. every couple days someone tells me to hang it and i always try.

i live in san francisco so there are too many people on peds to be "THE" moped guy but i do love that all the neighborhood stores and gas stations know me and i love that my favorite chinese store clerk lady always asks me a new question everyday like " you got new moped?" or " you fix your moped? "

by me, even though there have been some other people that have gotten mopeds, my friends are always like i saw you yesterday riding, im like no.. and even texts, like where you going? all i say its not me! its funny but kinda annoying at the same time

haha samz, you're:

1. under 18

2. from new jersey

3. owner of a TTLX

gosh I don't know how anyone could get confused. there's only like a bazillion people who fit that profile.

they call me that moped guy.

« Go to Topic — end of thread