fastest boneville ped really?

Re: fastest boneville ped really?

that's the fastest officially recorded one. There have been rumors of 70 mph being hit.

is the salt to much different from asphault?

i have heard there are some loose spots that you can wash out on but nothing other then that

yah its slippery like running on loose um SALT

The other problem is that Bonneville is at 6,000ft elevation.

This plays hell with carburation, power and thus speed.

It's also very hot there.

And you can't test/tune anywhere nearby the track or you get banned from the track.

Tommy hit 70 on a in San Jose, but who knows what the blackball bike would have done in the same place. or what tommys bike would do on the salt flats?

Well there is a 11,000 clam ped on mopedshop.com website. It claims 72, or 75.

Oh, that race Derbi? I just rode with a Derbi this weekend that gps'd around 64. I wouldn't be suprised if one could do 72. Vic's (the one out this weekend) was rocking a 15:15 carb.

Also, Matt, were I going to do Bonerville, which I wouldn't, because I'm slow and lazy, I'd go one year, and spend a month testing and tuning in the area, and then I'd go back the next year with everything I had learned. But what the fuck do I know?

one other note. i heard that the only gas available is the 105 octane or so race gas. this is if you want to go for a gasoline class. it's just another change to deal with. and something about it eating some rubber fuel parts if you let it sit in there afterward.

« Go to Topic — end of thread