Re: STOLEN MOPED CAMBRIDGE MA (again)

I talked to Bud (guy who took the photographs) ... he said the guy was broken down due to a broken belt ... see photograph of belt on ground ...

my belt was slipping ... and needed to be replaced ...

also the guy in the photograph told Bud that he had the bike for less than a week and got it from a friend.

suspect

i got a response from the craigslist girl yesterday afternoon. she said she was available yesterday evening.

i sent her an email, told her i could go over that night.

she finally replies, gives me her address, i send her an email that i'm coming and tim and i head over at around 930 to central street in waltham.

we get to the address, almost hit a man on a bicycle, pull into a rundown apartment building in the middle of what looks like a pretty tough neighborhood. we head to the front to check mailboxes to buzz her (she didn't mention anything about apartment numbers and didn't give us her phone number).

most of the mailboxes have the names scratched out. the place looks like we might get shot at any second. a very affable kid (maybe 16?) with his younger brother, that i can only describe as "inner-city youth", come into the foyer where tim and i are looking dubiously at the mailboxes.

he asks if we need help. we ask if he knows stacy wilson. he wrinkles his brow and asks if she's black. we don't know. he proceeds to tell us he doesn't want to sound racist, but only "blacks, mexicans, and a few indians" live in this building. we explain we're looking for a moped, he brings us down to the storage area, obv no chick could get a moped down there without a pretty huge struggle. we go back to the car, after thanking our very friendly and helpful urban tour director.

we find wireless. check googlemaps. there's a central avenue!!! the woman just said "47 central" in the email, no endnote. feeling victorious, we go to 47 central avenue.

the only building in the area of 47 is a warehouse.

it is dark and pouring, the bad parts of waltham are a terrifying place to be late at night, tim almost asks me to ask a crazy-looking man on a bicycle directions. we high-fived after every near-death experience. the high five count was about 5 after this rainy, wet waltham disaster.

dejected, we finally head home, sans moped and pretty annoyed at this chick. i had plans in brighton so we went on another wild chase to figure out how to get to brighton from waltham.

i emailed her very diplomatically when i got back to internet, just explaining that we got lost and couldn't locate her at 47 central street, and we could come out again tomorrow (which would be tonight).

the email bounces back. mailbox deleted.

wtf, stacy wilson.

WTF.

hahaha i really thought we might get knocked in the heads and left for dead in one of the overflowing dumpsters.

they would have stolen tim's kayak (conveniently strapped to his roof) first.

sounds like the bitch was fucking with you guys,I bet that address doesn't even exist.Hope you find her or the moped though.

Umm...

You guys, this is a bad idea. You need more muscle on a trip like that. Please be careful, it certainly sounds like someones fucking with you.

bulletin:

an informant has provided us with a photograph of the vehicle. subsequent to this development, the perpetrators place of employment was surveilled, and an plan to recover the vehicle has been put in place. officers report that you should check back in this thread often over the next few days, as some serious benson and stabler-oriented shit is about to go down. mopedarmy is about to get all SVU, and possibly even CSI up in this piece.

do you guys understand that we've basically found the bike?

theres like 100 million orange mobys in the area how you know its the one

got a photo of it. matching white grips. lock still on it. in the same neighborhood.

whos goin to get

proving it is easy enough all he needs to do is bring the key for the lock if it fits its his

I want in! It's in my jurisdiction dang it!

i dont know if he has it, but he has the key to the fork lock

I'm up, give me a call

just go over there and take it use force

careful guys.

but kick some ass.

my informant has seen the bike now and again locked at this building. he took a picture a few weeks ago on his iphone and remembered during a chance meeting today ... detailed picture ... obviously the same bike, white ouri grips with the throttle grip cut to fit.

the bike was not present during our recon mission, however it will show back up there eventually ... now it's just a matter of time....

there are a million stories in the naked city; this has been one of them.

************classified image************

when the shit hits the fan some one has gotta take vid

yo i'll go if you want an extra body. i ain't big and i've never thrown a punch outside a hockey rink...lol...but i'm good company in tough situations. got an suv if you want to load a few people up and pull a grab and go.

this thread is now threatening operational integrity. abort. abort.

Surveil at 8:40 turned up nothing.

awesome. guys gimme a call and let me know whats up, I wanna help and I'm pretty good at stealing things.

we need to reconnoiter before this situation goes totally FUBAR.

regardless, the vehicle should be recovered by lawful means only. i think its actually illegal to steal something even if its been stolen from you. or something like that.

The simple method is if you spot the bike, call the cops. They'll take care of the rest. It's best not to 'stake' out the location as unwanted attention may put the 'current owner' into hiding. Today it may not show up due to the impending storm. Just keep going by and see what happens. I'll adjust my morning/evening route to swing by for the next couple days - an extra 10 minutes for my commute isn't a big deal if I can help Tim out!

its a moped, not a car. Dont waste your time with the police, just take it back. Use the 5-0 as a last resort.

...and if it's locked up with a new lock, the police can cut it for you. Stolen property is stolen property...it's a heck of a lot easier with the boys in blue at your side than not.

... what Jay M said is the way it's gonna be ... no other way.

call me if you see it and I will throw a lock on it and get the police there ... i can be there with 10 minutes notice with the police and the key to the steering column

i don't want the workers to see a fleet of mopeds paroling the neighborhood every hour or it definitely will scare the bike back into hiding