STOLEN MOPED CAMBRIDGE MA (again)

1977 orange Motobecane 50v stolen from outside 265 Massachusetts Avenue Wednesday afternoon.

It has both side covers, a big patch of rust on the flywheel, a mirror on the left handlebar and a little black rubber case under the seat. Last I knew the outdated registration sticker (from the early 80s/90s?) was stuck right under the M logo on the stem that the seat attaches to (also right in front of the little storage areas), this would probably be its most identifying feature.

Tim owns almost every orange Moby in Boston so if you happen to see an orange Moby around, it might be (or probably is) his stolen one.

Re: STOLEN MOPED CAMBRIDGE MA (again)

That shouldn't be too hard to find.....

I will ride every street in Cambridge if that's what it takes....

we can organize a swarm and take different surrounding neighborhoods...

and Im in "Harvard Sq every day so it's only a matter of time!

i will find this person and kill them.

is this the one with the weird, fake top tank, or his new one???

i HOPE its not the new one!

it's his new beautiful one.

When we catch the thief we can run him over a few times!

lets find him on todays ride, invite him to ride with us, lure him to a secluded location, and then due something terrible like kill him or run up his cell phone minutes so next months bill will be ridiculous.

please post pics of identifying markings, as i will henceforth be on a holy crusade against any orange motobecane i see.

you can see the tiny edge of the green registration sticker, also the white sticker next to the gas cap.

i don't know anyone else with a stock orange moby in boston.

ALSO, his locks were still on it.

bump.

thats a crying shame. its a stretch, but who knows... if it makes it as far up as Portsmouth, well lets put it this way: aint a moped round these parts I dont know about. _especially_ not orange mobies! and, now i think of it, probably not too many peds around here that I cant catch up with. _especially_ not orange mobies!!

Im sorry to hear this tim. Good luck.

Ill keep my eye out up here.

dont forget to look around real well and offer the local kids 50 bucks if they "find" it.

did you throw an "i pay top dollar for old mopeds" ad on CL just in case the ass is stupid enough to try and sell it that way... i just bought an orange moby that was pretty close to that one about a month ago in southie...

i got the bike two weeks ago

i'm pretty bummed about it ... hopefully it will turn up ... i'm less hopeful this time ... i have a feeling someone threw it in their truck and drove it out to the suburbs

there are white ouri grips on the bike ... the throttle grip has been trimmed to fit perfectly

i didn't even get around to writing the vin number down ... i was planning to register it sometime in the next week.

on the bright side ... i was given an intramotor gloria for free on sunday

... still this moby was my best looking and fastest moped

last seen at 4:30 noticed the missing bike at 5:15

i was inside less than 50 feet away at the time

Sucks Tim, we havn't met yet but I've heard a lot about you, I'm always riding out in Malden, Melrose, Stoneham area so I'll keep my eyes open, see you sunday at joe's, if you're going. Definetely see you next wed.

David Paul Armsden

ah shit man, pro's.

see if you can register on that stolen moped list. WHat the hell is with cambridge somerville and orange moby's?

Sorry tim

Tim, do yourself a favor and make sure you talk to the kids around east C - tell them you'll give a reward, about 100.00 - you'd be surprised how fast someone can 'find' it. The more kids the better, and if possible, offer the same to the delivery drivers in the area. They can cover more locations in a day than any one person will...stinks, but I will definitely keep my eyes open for it. Don't forget to make a report with MIT police and CPD.

Oh and do it soon! The first 48 hours is most important, especially with trash day coming up tomorrow...you don't want some kid toy with it, and then end up getting collected to scrap!

fuck!

wish i could do somthing way out here in east bum fuck!

keep my eyes open.

~SABAT~!

For the record, I live in Arlington and I drive an orange stock moby that looks just like that, so don't be swinging tire irons at me, k?

That said, I'm sorry for your loss and someone should lose some kneecaps. I'll keep an eye out for you.

Like Phil said, speaking with the local kids goes along way. Also placing up flyers with a "reward" works. We had recovered 3 stolen mopeds that way. One was the parent of a child that stole the moped taking the reward, and this was in the same area that your bike was taken. Little young kids love to talk about their friends riding stolen bikes.

I am heading over to Cambridge now for breakfast at Au Bon Pain ad I am going to spend 3 hours this morning riding around the surrounding neighborhoods.... and that nearby housing project

has this been reported to the police yet? i would suggst not trying to recover any orange motobecanes unless it has been reported. it would be a pretty sticky situation to be like... "hey officer, im taking this back. it doesnt belong to me though. and also theres not record of it having been stolen."

could get sketchy.

yeah that fuckin sucks

i was really hoping to see it on the way there or home cause i would of love to of whacked the bastard

That guy in Natick got his bike back with the help of the police...it aint that bad...

Tim, I know you're getting a lot of ideas and suggestions here, one more thing, make 8 1/2/ x 11 poster with a photo, contact info., etc. and bring them to the post office and give a couple to your letter carrier. Letter carriers see EVERYTHING!!! We recovered a stolen Norton Commando in less than a week about 25 years ago by doing this. A letter carrier saw it in a side yard.

tim, i am making some flyers that i'm posting around fenway and comm ave.

i am leaving out the part about the white grips though because i don't want the thief to cut them off.

I've notified a friend that I have on the Cambridge Police Dept to keep an eye out in the East Cambridge area.

i filed a report with the police as soon as i found it was missing

thanks for all your support everyone!

That's what this community that we're building's all about brotha...we ride together, we die together! lol Nobody's alone...

I rode around the backstreets of cambridge this morning peering into every back yard and the parking lots around MIT where a thief may have ditched it to pick up later...

Susan... Simonsez suggested making up a bunch of fliers with a pic of the ped and a 100.00 reward and dropping them off at the Post Office for all the mailmen.... they cover every inch of the town... and simonsez said he recovered a motorcycle that way... I'm sure we could all chip in for the reward in the lucky case that the ped is found!

I nave a 1:00 meeting at BU but I will be heading back over to Cambridge shortly after to search for a couple more hours..

If I find it I will chain it to something with a Kryptonite lock so it wont be going anywhere!