Puch Wheel Nuts 11 x 1.0?

Is this freaking seriously the size?

Did i honestly just spend FOUR HOURS going to a 4hardware stores, 2 autoparts stores ,a fastener store then a CUSTOM fastener store only to find out that nobody has the nuts that fit the axel nuts on a puch spoked rim? The ones that fit my xk magnum and prob all the maxi's out there?

The guy at the last place i went to does custom ordering for fastners for custom car restoration places that do mercedes and all sorts of wierd stuff.

He asked me if the company that fitted anything with that nut was mad at thier customers.

Great.

Anybody got any nuts for a puch spoked wheel?

Re: Puch Wheel Nuts 11 x 1.0?

it sucks they dont sell the metric sizes anywhere

i went everywhere yesterday looking for a 14x2.0 bolt 4 inches long but full threaded they didnt have one anywhere

the idiot at lowes said this is america we dont need to sell metric bolts what the fuck everything you buy these days is metric nothing is sae anymore

§ćŗάτçλmªřċ • /

i think i remember someone posting awhile back about getting raped by the price that moped junkyard charges for Puch nuts...

i guess it was the only place he could find them.

it's a shame, really.

Guys, what kind of auto parts stores do you have? I can find metric size shit all over. We run through a variety pack of metric nuts and bolts in no time at the garage.

Cleats Onionpockets /

Metric, sure. But nothing with a fine enough thread pitch. I have the same problem. Have to have it custom made, unfortunately.

Guys, what kind of auto parts stores do you have? I can find metric size shit all over. We run through a variety pack of metric nuts and bolts in no time at the garage

Trust me the friggin four hour thing is no joke. I ended up a custom fasterner place that supplies metric fasteners - they were actually called

Metric Nut and Fastener

They supply Huge industial supply places and the like. NO NUTS that fit my freaking puch axels.

This aint a regional thing i dont think.

This guy lives surrouded by nuts - like as in nuts and bolts, and he had never held one like this in his hand.

Its a metric 11 with VERY fine 1.0 tread

every hardware store i looked at from the one down the street to the one in GUAM had 1.25 and 1.5

1.0 in a 11mm nut is rare.

Wonderful

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY NUTS OFF A PUCH RIM? SPOKES, NOT THE ALLOYS?

Bump?

Andrew I got NOS ones email me .

I ran into the same problem. I ended up just having to order an entire replacement axle, and using the nuts. Luckily, it's only the front wheel. The rear wheels have 12mm axles, and you can find the nuts for those fairly easily.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account