is this true? tecnigas...

im looking into buying a tecnigas next r exhaust (if i can ever find one thats not $190) and i stumbled across an article saying to buy the chrome one because the raw pipe burns the clear coat off and eventually turns the pipe brown. has anyone with a tecnigas next r with the raw finish had this happen to them? anyone know if its true/common? thanks for your input.

Re: is this true? tecnigas...

yup, get the chrome one.

if you need to cut/weld, get the raw, otherwise chrome

True story.

i got the raw. powder-coated it black texture.

the clear-coat does burn off, but its not like it looks bad, lets everyone know you gota hott header.

~SABAT!

yea i have the raw but wat it did it clean it really well and apply a few coats of high temp paint

I actually like the raw finish better. Part of the turning brown thing is because the clearcoat burns. If you use paint remover to remove the clearcoat when the pipe is new, it won't turn brown. Go over it wth steel wool occasionally. I think the unpainted unfinished look gives it a more purposeful appearance. A chrome or shiny finish makes it look like it's mostly for show. I hate vehicles that are all fixed up to look fast, but really aren't. Take a look at any pro race car, and you won't find fancy chrome or paint. Just my opinion. Peace. Jerry.

uhhhm lambos,porsches, other high priced, high horsepower sports car go PRETTY fast.

they have chrome and fancy stuff

Are Lambos and Porsches "pro race cars"?

Or are they high-dollar luxury sports cars?

the latter

mopedshop.com has them for $140 when they get them in stock. Should be any day now, at least that's what they tell me.

did you powder coat it yourself? if not how much was it to get done? did you remove the clear coat before hand too? thanks

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account