Colorado Puch titling/registering

I have a Puch that I bought non-working from a kid like 15 years ago, it has been in my Dad's back yard. no title or bill of sale. I want to get the tag for it and I have the form.

They say they need a title, or a manufacturer's statement of origin, or a Affivavit of ownership, or a notorized bill of sale.

I could get a bill of sale from my dad (He could just "sell" me it), but the notary might be a hangup, if they ask for a title.

Has anyone ever titled one of these things? Am I going to regret fixing this thing up, only to have it be permanently illegal?

Will I at least be able to register it and ride it?

Thanks

Re: Colorado Puch titling/registering

Give your dad $1, fill our the bill of sale and take it to the department of revenue on West Colfax. It'll cost you $6 or less and it'll be legal for 3 years. Simple as that. Call me at 720.339.8773 if you need advice.

Enjoy your new moped addiction.

Stoops - Spokesmen, Denver

Zachary Evans, Destroyer of Worlds /

He'll have to do it in boulder.. But yeah, you don't need a title.

I think you can find the paperwork online. So fill out the registration stuff, bring that "bill of sale" and you're set

find form number DR2579, fill it out, write an affidavit (I fubarman own this moped vin # blah blah, signed under penalty of perjury -fubarman-) then send it and a $5.25 to the colorado department of revenue, the address is on the form. took about 10 days to get my sticker back

i still register my bikes in colorado and i just have my mom bring in a fake bill of sale and they give her the sticker.

Wait a minute. Its under 50cc right? It has a left mirror? A brake light? A horn?

If you answered yes to all the above, then its street legal.

Why are you registering it? No plate needed in CO. Is it over 50cc? Did puch ever make a ped over 50cc?

You dont need to do anything man, just ride. Who cares about a title?

Bad things happen when you dont register your ped... Police wont take theft reports, bikes impounded, fines. It's not fun. Why the hell would you want that over paying a measly $5.25

Willie almost lost his ped to impound because he didn't have a license sticker. But we're in Denver, where cops are trying to find something on you. Oh he got a $150 ticket to boot.

License your bikes, or never complain about what happens on this forum.

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/discuss/1/524033/524033/

My Account of How I Successfully Titled and Registered a Titleless Moped.

So what do you get when you register your ped? A licence plate? Or is it like a sticker.

You get a sticker and right to claim it when it gets stolen.

« Go to Topic — end of thread