how much money have you spent on mopeds this year?

I was just curious how much i spent this year and its like over $2000. and thats just from paypal! i can't believe it! thats crazy! I just made a purchase today and thats the last one, I swear! atleast i sold about that much in peds to compensate, but damn!! i have a problem! how much you all forked out this year?

Re: how much money have you spent on mopeds this y

Lil MotoGuzzi Vert /

Oh man...

I don't even want to think about this. TOO much. On top of that, everytime I try to MAKE money on fixing up a cheap moped and flipping it, one of my friends convinces me to hook them up at cost... FAIL.

I've spent in the last 14 months maybe between $5000 and $6000 on peds and parts, but about half of that was buying a lot of 18 mopeds, all of which I sold off again to make some money. However, that doesn't count the gas money I spent driving to 6 rallies last year and 2 this year.

hmm... about 1300 this year. French bikes are as expensive as French hookers and just as sexy.

ah i hate this thread already. lets not think about this.

I agree. This just about makes me shutter. But then there are the days when you spot something in the junkyard.....

i made twice as much as i spent

i have almost no money into my peds

This year I have only spent 20 bucks on mopeds and thats gonna be all I spend on mopeds for a while.

Complete resto in two months. About 550.00. See pic.

1214953855_puch_resto.jpg

This is not healthy for me to think about lol

dools at picture ^ moped, mustang and beatle. you sir have all the fun.

I don't even want to look at how much I've spent on mopeds at least 3000 but that is stretched over 2.5 yrs. Still...way too much.

wow! I guess I'm not that bad. somewhere in the middle I guess. currently working on a freespirit and magnum. should be done soon!

Spent obout 7K on the bug and it's my daughters first car.Haven't gotten into the Mustang yet.Next project is a kitted,show/weekend rider Maxi. Probably about a 900 just for paint.The wife hates it but atleeast i'm not doin meth anymore (about 14 years clean) F*@k i'm gettin old.

General Jackson /

I guess i'm about $160 for the year. but that includes getting two moby's and a murray and then fixing them. $100 for the peds, $50 for a new starter coil (it went out after 500 miles on a moby) and another 10 bucks for some tubes. oh, and then I sold my maxi for $350 so i guess i'm up a ped and $290.

one of the moby's got stolen ;( otherwise i'd be up two.

I don't even want to think about it and I haven't even bought any tuning parts yet. Honestly though it probably isn't that much. Probably less than keeping a car fueled up for the same amount of time.

well my 3-2 years i have owned mopeds 300 some yeah this isn't healthy to think about u might think 300 is nothing but u have a job i am 15 with parents who let me value what i want :P

Think of it this way.

Invest in like 20 peds spend 2000$ making them all run YIPPIE!!!

Wait a few months till gas gets even higher, moped boom will come, sell moped 700-1000$ each and you make a 15 grand profit bam.

i have spent about 500 or so. im about to drop some more cash pretty soon here. then im going to have to take it easy for a while.

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

I don't even want to think about this. Over 2k for sure. More then I've spend on my car so far. haha

so far this year i've bought 5 peds from $40-350 , then had to buy a shit load of replacement parts for them but ended up making a bit of the cash back by reselling parts i didnt need but now i have 2 mopeds that actually are semi complete and i think im in the hole about a grand... and it was totally worth it!

if you ask, "Zach, how much did you spend on mopeds from September 2007 to September 2008," the answer will be somewhere around $3,500. And that doesn't include things like helmets, or going to rallies, or two stroke, or whatever. That's a $1,300 bike, a $2,000 bike, and assorted parts and labor for a couple other bikes. Balls.

at minimum 250. but the year isnt over.

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

I'm not sure. I think way too much, but last time I checke/calculated, with sales of parts and stuff, I was at like $400 or so a bike for my 5 or 6 bikes. Not bad considering how much has gone into 2 of them. Selling a moped or two always helps.

Jake Shaughnessy /

way to much for a 15 year old kid, maybe like 2000+

I don't know how much I've spent this year, although I could go find out in about three seconds if I so desired ... I have a "moped" category on my checkbook program thingy. Of course, that wouldn't include the few times I raided my savings account for mopeds, or gas money spent driving to moped-related events, or the times when I was about to categorize something and I was like, "That's not STRICTLY moped-related, so I'll just categorize it as something else..." I really need to get rid of that blasted category.

I accidentally looked at my moped category back when I was doing taxes for 2007. In 2007, I think I spent like $800 or something on mopeds. This is very ironic, of course, because back when I was stupid and naive and didn't know what a moped was, I thought about getting a scooter. The main reason I didn't was because I didn't think a scooter was going to improve my life $1000 worth. Thus, I went the "cheap" route with mopeds instead, and I've spent more on moped-related expenses than I would have spent if I had just bought a new scooter in the first place.

Thankfully, I think I can say that mopeds are worth every penny I've put into them. I'm sure my mentality won't apply to everyone, but to me it's not about saving money on gas or transportation. I just like mopeds. I like riding mopeds. I like fixing mopeds, or at least trying to fix them. I like buzzing past bicyclists. I like the looks of "What the hell...?" I get from people. I like it when my mopeds actually work and I had some part in making them work. It's an activity, a hobby, a fun thing to do ... if it's okay for people to spend gobs of money on movies or concerts or model train sets or travel or Star Wars conventions, then I don't see why we should all be sickened by how much we've spent on mopeds. If you like doing it, does it really matter how much you've spent? Would you be spending all that money if the enjoyment you got from mopeds didn't compensate for the financial loss? I doubt it.

Mopeds: (since last August)

'77 Maxi - $375 (WAAY ovepriced, bought by my kid)

'77 Moby 50V - $400 (sold back for $425 since he missed it!)

'77 Maxi S - $350

'78 Moby 50V - $200

Total - $1,325

Moped parts and kit stuff:

Treats - $1,060

1977 Mopeds - $100

QuarterKick - $325

Southwest Sandblasting - $225

Various Army folks - $288

......I don't even want to think about it - $1,998

Getting mopeds running and looking sweet - Priceless!

about $300

Thousands with Treats alone...

Thousands on rallies alone...

Way too much and not nearly enough, almost 2 g in the last month alone...

If I could only buy some time to use all the stuff...

Much too much. Not counting gas and loss of other intangibles (my sanity, willpower, etc.)

4 bikes: $182

engines / parts for said bikes so far: $100

tomos shit: $250

paint and other frivilous extras: $50

tires, cables, etc.: $75

beer: $45

total: $702-ish

about three fiddy

..damn loch ness monster..