1980 peugeot 102 sp

I'm new to the moped scene (this is my first restoration), and I'm having a bit of a hard time getting the ball rolling. I have had some problems locating a manual for my Peugeot 102 sp. I have located an abundance of material on the 103, but no specifically speaking to my model. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Re: 1980 peugeot 102 sp

I'm in the same boat as you, as most parts seem to be for a 103 due to the way the engine is mounted on the 103.

why do you need a manual? it will only tell you about how to care for your moped, or at the most how to fix common problems.

get the ball rolling by taking everything apart, and having at least $300 set aside for the project. otherwise it will never get done... trust me, i dont know how many people i have come across with a moped in pieces that never got finished.

take lots of pictures before you start and as you go of anything that looks even remotely complicated, cause a few months down the road you dont know what you will remember.

get with a good group that is into mopeds and they will have a couple of peugeot people who will be able to help you with stuff in person.

good luck! any other specific questions?

Well schematics and few other specs are nice to have.

I don't know where to get a 102 manual. Been lookin for one. I am not able to find that extra gas cap I had. I may look again today.

I need reminded about this kinda thing!

whats the difference between the 102 and 103 anyway

Excellent photoshop job. The checkered pattern of your pants gives it away. Peace, jerry.

102=slow 103=fast simple

I think the 103 has a variator. I used to have a 102. A long long time ago. Bought it new, to replace a POS Angel that broke in half (I weighed around 170 at the time). If it is not rusty or smashed up, consider yourself lucky to have it. Of all the Peugeots and Mobys that were sold here in the '70s, they seem to be almost impossible to find in decent shape now. Peace, Jerry.

i just got a 103sp for free next project

my 102 did 35mph easy.

Some 103's are variated. Some aren't.

Zachary Evans, Destroyer of Worlds /

103 is variated, 102 isn't.

103 is case inducted intake, 102 is in the cylinder.

103 has bolt-on performance upgrades, 102s take a little more work.

I've seen people that took the time to chop/weld an expansion chamber onto them. The intake is tiny and long, sorta a pain to modify, but in theory...

The carbs on them are a bitch. They work great if you can manage to get them perfectly cleaned and tightened down (What's with that floabowl-arm? Seriously Gurtner?).

They're hot bikes, I love how the stock bars feel on them.. with that long seat, there's just nothing else like it..

Gord Beyette /

i got hold of a '73 102nm, i can't find manuals, parts, or anything else for it either,... quick question this being my first moped,... how do you start it? (:

The wheels on a 103 are usually larger, the engine is different, the 102 has a centrifical clutch rather than a variator, the tank for the 102 is usually over the rear wheel while the 103 has it built in. If you are looking for spare parts, about the only pieces of a 103 that will work on a 102 are the piston head which is identical, the controls, and the chains if you resize them slightly. Lose the stock gutner carb ASAP and get a dellorto (after some home-brew fine tuning I got a 14.12 with a 43 jet to work nicely).

I need help changing clutches on my 1980 Peugeot 102 Sp u3 i cannot figure out how to take it off, whenever i use the socket wrench and turn the nut the whole thing turns, help please.

The tanks on 102s are built in. There on the step through bar near the front wheel. I've never seen a tank over the rear wheel. The only thing that I've ever experienced as a problem was no side covers and my brake light shorting out motor.. And just recently my carb backfiring and killing my bike.. Haha and if your looking for speed... Well get a 103 instead

put a block of wood in your cylinder...

Use a puller maybe too..

Shmitty, I think there were 101's or maybe even an early version called a 102 that had a rear tank, more bicycle-like etc, like late 60's era.

ahh ok.

ive never seen a 101.

my 102 has the step through tank

I have an owner's manual and repair manual pdfs that I can email to whoever wants them. They're way to big for the attach file thing and I'm way to unmotivated to find another way to attach them, but I'll definitely help out any fellow 102 owners, just pm me.

PM'ed you with a huge grin on my face! I'm excited. NO ONE knows where to get a 102 manual here!

If you need side covers, let me know. I have a nice pair of NOS ones in Buy and sell.

that 3rd one listed ^ looks like it's got bent front forks!

I pm'ed and emailed ya Deezy. These manuals are slightly fuzzy scanned in pdfs, but hey, better than nothing, right? And the shop manual is in 4 languages... ooh la la! Those ads make me happy, I paid a lot less for my 102 and didn't spend a dime to get it running. But seriously, did these things come in any other colors?

I think they were a very short run.. maybe only made one year even, and as far as I know every single one is that metallic phthalo blue.

Thankyou so much for sending me those! They look fine!

« Go to Topic — end of thread