Re: BOSTON riders roll call

i went on a long test ride last night with both of my mopeds (my friend rode the other). no problems. still need to fiddle with jetting, though. if i fall behind on the batavus just leave me. i'll be fine.

Hey, just in case, we should talk about a contingency plan should it rain...I'm hoping it holds out as I always am. I say if it's not torrential we can still get through it.

well im riding my yamaha so i shouldnt have any problems getting there this time

its going to be kind of slow though since my fat ass is too heavy for the damn thing

I was watching the series finale of tila tequila... Bitch wouldn't take her key...Crazzzyyy!

Cant wait for shot of love 3....Will tila ever find love?

Speaking of that show, I have a friend who was 1 day away from being on the show but got kicked out cuz he got in a fist fight with a producer. Hes got a sweet tomos, and he might come tonight.

I just pissed myself at work after reading that post. Thanks a lot Justin.

It's gonna blow over by the time of the ride.... the next front is way out past Albany!

Oh I'm sure...I'm just saying that it brings to light an important thing to consider in the future to work out, especially for those riding long distances. I guess we can just make a post on our most current Boston thread in the general section like two hours beforehand if we're canceling. That way everyone gets a chance to see it and those thinking of riding longer distances to get here will be aware. Werd...what do you think guys?

I'm gonna get a lightening rod for my Magnum so I will ride anyway!

Seriously the thought crossed my mind last night when I was speeding home from Harvard Sq. on Memorial drive and it started to lightening :P

Of course my shrink told me I have an inclination to engage in "high risk behavior" so maybe that explains alot of moped related risks I take lol

yo phil give me a call!

1774-278-8497

~long distances traversed= me~SABAT!

Dan, You are the lightening rod!

What's up with tonight?

Are we on? The OtherSide? 6ish? I've been out of it the past few days and haven't read this whole thread.

Re: What's up with tonight?

I chatted with Daniel who's acting weatherman, he says the storm's moved off boston and out to sea, and there's maybe one more front moving in but it's clear through to albany NY to here. I say we're still a go - use your own discretion of course for your comfortability level as there may be residual water here and there on the streets, but as far as we know, it's on still

If I show up it'll only be for the get together at the OtherSide. I'm waiting for rings for my Pacer so I'll be riding Alice's 'dumbed-down' Pacer that doesn't go more than 33 mph. I thought that putting in a new bathroom on the first floor would have gotten me off the hook from last week, but noooooooo-sir-re-bob - I'm still sleeping with Homer & Lady on the couch.

I wish I knew how to make a whip noise over the internet...

That's pretty harsh...well, if it's any consolation Peter, I think we're riding through to Castle Island...

Good ride tonight. Great to meet everybody too. Now let's see some pix!

what time and where is the fix it?

i have some forks joeho

10 am my place newtoncenter email me for details. andrewhead my forks are fine i just had to tighten the post meh im stupid. but my rear wheel does seem to be cambered off for some reason.

oogh 10 am

are you one of those REAL JOB dudes?

how long you recon this would go for? into the afternoon? I may trailer the magnum in this sun or next sunday.

I spent all day yesterday fucking with a sparta that is doing the rear wheel shuffle. Driving me nuts.

Speaking of nuts if i dont find 2 nuts for my wheels on the magnum ill be sporting the garelli haha

Hey guys. Phil Eckelkamp here. Haven't seen the khz in way too long. I wanted to meet up with you guys for the tune up. I have a friend who bought the same motobecane as me ('77 Mobylette 50V) who also wants to meet you guys. Can I call one of you in the morning and see if we could meet up?

let me know what's up,

Phil

Yo everyone -

What's the good word. Are we stomping Concord this week? Or just buzzing the city again?

Please....please don't say next weekend! I"m out on another boat race on the south shore (I know..I know...tough life).

But Concord is my home town. I would want nothing more than to bomb the Colonial Inn with a whole mess of 'peds.

And...if some folks can make it there, but maybe not back in time, I've got my F150 that can fit 4 bikes easily. I'd be very willing to drive people back if they need it. Oh..and it's an extended cab, so bike and riders fit too.

But hopefully all the peds make it there and back with people on them. That's the way to do it!

BEN!!!!

San Jose misses you. Mopedhead misses you. Droid misses you.

word...

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account