50cc and 48hps

I'm about to set up a wankel my moped fund, I need 6,000 dollars though

<object width="480" height="392" data="http://flash.revver.com/player/1.0/player.swf?mediaId=85126&affiliate=34967"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" id="revver8512612148888985894000"><param name="Movie" value="http://flash.revver.com/player/1.0/player.swf?mediaId=85126&affiliate=34967"></param><param name="FlashVars" value="allowFullScreen=true"></param><param name="AllowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="AllowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://flash.revver.com/player/1.0/player.swf?mediaId=85126&affiliate=34967"; pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"; allowScriptAccess="always" flashvars="allowFullScreen=true" allowfullscreen="true" height="392" width="480"></embed></object>

so whos in?

Re: 50cc and 48hps

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

That has more hp than my VW...

haha yeah, its a crazy little fucker, there was a suzuki rotary motorcycle that was 500cc and claimed to have only 68 horsepower thats some crazy wankel innovation, there is a 300 ccish sachs rotary out there too damn they sound sooo sweet when they idle

its the new 50/50

50cc/50hp

this runs on normal gas? how is that many hp possible?

rpms.

extremely stable at high rpms, you can whine the piss out of them, ive seen a 1.3 liter produce 280hp at the wheels naturally aspirated.

~SABAT!

downside of these things is lack of torque.

im a sucker for rotary engines. if you win the lottery or something and make a rotary moped a reality, id love to see it.

my dream car is a late 60's NSU ro80....rotary engine. ahead of it's time technically and style-wise.

i meant mechanically. not technically.

by the way, that go-kart totally looks like some Lego shit. i think its the wheels. i'd be scared to death driving that thing, however on a moped it might not be as scary...

Steve Williams /

how is 48 bhp on a moped not going to be scary?

i dont think its making 48 hp... wankels can make some pretty amazing numbers, but that is totally rediculous. i'd have to see some dyno proof.

that engine looks like its off-the-shelf from somewhere.

I dont know if that much power is for real but it does cost you a solid 5-6 g's to get your hands on one of those. Here is a 4 rotor with 1600 hp, on the dyno, then that engine in a bmw.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

&hl=en"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="

&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

sachs

oh you tube, i love you

rc fucking tractor pull wtf I had no clue!

Re: oh you tube, i love you

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

Porche wanted to design the original VW beetle with a 5 cylinder rotary engine. Then he realized it would be the biggest bitch to work on for the common dude who would be buying his people's car.

Too bad that dream didn't see the light of day...

It's the RENNtech Aixro XR50 engine, and it does have dyno sheets to back up that 48hp, though I don't know if I can find any.

I've thought about somehow sticking one to a moped frame too, but the only way to get one for a decent price would be to buy one used from a carting league and rebuild it. Mounting might be a trick too, I'm not sure if you could run it upside down.

48hp from 300cc is great expecially considering the weight advantage. It also makes its max torque down low. You cant increase the displacement of a rotary engine but I bet with porting you'd see even more power with a loss of some torque and fuel economy. It might be cool to turbocharge too if you can keep the heat down. It looks to be much more compact than the old Sachs rotary lawn mower engines and snowmobile engines which is a big plus. Here are some specs http://www.race-sport.net/aixro-xr-50-wankel-specs

ok... 300 cc's now THAT makes more sense.

total suicide on a moped, but it would be sweet to get that on a 50cc gp bike like an RS50 or NSR50 or something. it would definitely need some gears to do anything with that power curve.

there has to be someone who's got the money. hahaha, put it on a ciao or a rigid.

Bruce Edwards /

Jay Leno owns one of those rotary engine Suzukis. It's on Jay's Garage.

ahahaha, google ads for mario kart cheats on the bottom of my video

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account