Got a Garelli ssxl today!!

Im exited. I'm going to need a lotta help from you guys to get it to where it needs to be though. Tell me what you think.

Re: Got a Garelli ssxl today!!

It's doable

eyyo, sweet!

I'm working on my ssxl project right now too!

I think there's a little more rust on yours than mine, though. If you want to sell that busted up seat, let me know.

i hope you didn't pay too much

thats pretty rough. you'll defiantly learn a lot with this project. i hope your able to get it running though, it could be an awesome ped with a lot of work.

Wow, Frame looks good.

i'd bet that is one from the dinkins auction. i got three the same color but much better condition from sumpter sc. the most i paid for one was $!6!

Pat,

Do you remember that dark red SS XL @ Dinkins? I wish I knew who got that one.

looking good maynard. U will learn alot fixing this, definitely do-able, just stick with it. good luck!

i don't really recall it rob, but i have seen one that color, and it is a sweet color.

man i thought mine was in bad condition when i got it... but yours wow. but totally fixable. keep us updated on your progress.

i just picked this one up last week myself, same bike but a bit less rust

1214905013_garelli_ssxl_red_001.jpg

sweet, that's going to be a fun project.

mine will be in my hands today or tomorrow, and the first thing will be these:

way to start a project off with bars

lol thanks

mine runs.

I paid $35 bucks for it. I got an extra motor with it. I have no clue wether thier good or not. I'm going to get 2 mor frames today, for free. This didn't come from an auction. this was a barnyard find. The way I found it made me feel better about the project. I don't know why, lol. The cliche barnyard find.

I'm getting ragged on hard right now by friends but when I'm done they'll all wan't to ride it...

What are the performance options?

Good job man, take what you can get. You'll be pro in a few months.

tons of performance options, there's a 70cc polini kit for it on 1977 I think.

Also, puch performance exhausts will fit, you might need to make some adjustments, but they'll fit eventually.

I'm totally serious about that seat. Right now I'm ridin' bareback or bicycle seat. Or maybe I'll duct tape a pillow to that puppy.

1977? Whats that? is that a website? Do they not have exausts for the ssxl?

can you swap any motors on to it?

www.1977mopeds.com

There aren't any garelli-specific exhausts that I know of. Maybe I just haven't found them yet. But as I was saying, if you can find a Puch performance exhaust, you can make it fit to a garelli.

When you're doing upgrades (or just plain-old repairs) remember that the SSXL is a horizontal engine, also known as an NOI engine as opposed to a VIP engine which is vertical.

yeah i am at the end of a project that started like that except the random the pieces missing was electrical and a little hole in the piston. best of luck just remember there's a light at the end of the tunnel; and the tunnel improves your cussing :P

Keep the body all crusty and rusty but polish up the motor and you'll have a sick bike.

« Go to Topic — end of thread