Re: stainless steel hanging wire for cables?

black twingle /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I concur - the bowden cables used on bicycles are largely identical to moped control cables. I'd also say that some parts - such as the choke lever - might actually be better when replaced with bicycle controls.

Consider that a bike-boom (1970s) thumb-shifter from a bicycle was designed to be light, strong, easily serviceable, and visually appealing, whereas the choke lever on your moped was probably just designed to work as a lever.

I also caution against using bicycle brake cables on mopeds with only one exception: there was a trend in the 1980s to use motorcycle gauge cables with mountain bike caliper brakes, and these cables will work fine if you can find them.

Still, you can say with some assurance that no _new_ bicycle brake cables should be used as brake cables on a moped.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account