Is a puch murray basically a magnum?

General Jackson /

That's pretty much the question.

it seems to have the same frame and is a large feeling bike compared to my maxi and definitely my moby 7.

I mean it looks like the same frame and 2hp, could I just put a top tank and a long seat on it and look more bad ass?

not a picture of mine but basically the same...

1214869024_yellowpuch.jpg

Re: Is a puch murray basically a magnum?

if im not mistaken they are the same frame. just no top tube. a freespirit frame is the same too.

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

The murray frame is tall like a freespirit frame, but the rear rack is more like that found on a pinto. The freespirit has a round tube more like that of a magnum.

If one were to cut off the rack, they could weld a bar across and back and it would easily be the same as a magnum frame.

Jake Shaughnessy /

a murray and free spirit are two different frames, and a murray frame isint the same as a magnum. There pretty much the same in the front but different in the back. The murray frame sucks, the rack is not strong enoff for for a long seat. I kinda learned that with my lil project.

yeah, after i posted i looked at the picture and realized that it looked different than a freespirit, but i didn't correct myself. i figured (rightly so) that someone would correct me.

General Jackson /

does anyone have a picture of a magnum frame so that i'll have a better idea of how to weld a bar on the back? I was planning on getting a long seat and I don't want to mess up my ped. I have plenty of welder friends here that would be able to do a bang up job for me if I know the schematics.

General Jackson /

should I weld a bar in the middle too?

the Garelli SSXL seems to ba alot like the magnum too. I wanted a magnum, but couldn't find one. Then I got this... I was like I think I like the SSXL better!

General Jackson /

damn that is sweet. I really just want something i can put a long seat on for my lady friend.

« Go to Topic — end of thread