Re: Latebird moped pics in Vanity Fair

YES! That's my 103 in the back! Thanks for sneaking in the Headlight sticker Nik.

Perfekt Timing Angel /

Awesome. I [heart] the Latebirds.

dude in the lead better watch that shoelace...

haha

they probably actually photo shopped this with all the bikes on kickstands and a fan blowing. haha

actually they closed down part of the PCH in Malibu for this shoot but then again I wasn't there

How come the girl doesn't get to drive her own moped?

judging by the 50's theme, id say they're keeping with the times by having the woman riding rather than driving.

osprey of Dee'z loinz /

we ran out of blue mopeds

Yeah I got a call to rent mopeds for the shoot. It was pretty sketchy considering none of those guys had experience and the photographer wanted them to go super slow. But yeah it was a major production, they closed down PCH for 4 miles and we did about 12 passes. It was chill $$$$

no groms no blasters /

say goodbye to mopeds under $300.

That's what I was thinking. Prices are going up even more now.

yeah, all those vanity fair readers are going to run right out and buy vintage mopeds...

lulz. That photo is the LAST. Thing thats going to bring up the cost of mopeds.

Do you know who reads vanity fair? Have you seen gas prices? Have you noticed more and more moped shops opening? Have you noticed the influx of moped riders that way more people that are actually interested in mopeds are going to see compared to that magazine.

Sorry to ruin YOUR subculture. :(

osprey of Dee'z loinz /

nik you dik

Nice leg on that model!

Her boobies are even nicer, wowzerz!!!

is that dude on the far right josh from drake and josh that show on nick or w.e? looks like him.

At first I thought it was yall on the bikes too. I was thinking.."boy, those latebirds are some pretty stylish chaps..." But then I figured out its just the peds.

Couple Questions.

1. How much did they pay you?

2. How did they contact/find you?

3. Did they crash em or anything? Did they treat em well.

Here is another thought. We here, the poeple on here are the people who will have good condition mopeds. This trend we are in could be profitable for us. We should have some sort of link on Moped army that puts promoters, and advertisers and such in contact with certain members. Not everyone has Peds that are good looking. But if certain members, myself included, have good looking vintage peds, then we could make sort of a modeling page. We could take very proffesional photos of our peds, and offer them for rent for photoshoots and such. The page could offer our contact info. We could make up some very generic contract. hell, whom among us wouldnt want to make some very easy money? Im just saying. Would be interesting right? What do you guys think?

Who here reads Vanity Fair?

Ben Van Zoest /

I think it's a girlie magazine, seen one at the doctors waiting room.

Chick on the back of the bike could get it.

BryAn eurism /

Yeah you expect us to believe a Ciao can keep up with a Derbi Variant? & what's with the blue?

But if they're going for a 50's theme, why is everyone riding mopeds from the 70's?

Also ... are those kitted mopeds? Since it's you speedy west coast folk who supplied them, I have a feeling that they are, or at least one or two of them is. Does anyone else find it amusing to think of magazine models riding kitted mopeds?

þλ†Я¡¢k §¡§ΩИ /

I know you guys are completely disecting this..but what the hell is vanity fair?

(not a serious question. so not expecting an answer)

it's a fashion/celebrity magazine. Coffee shop I worked at had a subscription, I used to read it all the time when I worked the exam cram shift.

who is that girl?! beautiful.

are these bikes all blue in real life? or some nifty photoshopping?

"and the photographer wanted them to go super slow."

that shouldn't have been a problem for you guys.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account