Re: The Boston Ride Vol. IV

damn michelin gazelles are on back order i wont get them for 2-3 weeks

i guess i ride with the wide ass tire that rubs the fender oh well

but anyway my moby is running fine other than it needs to go down a few jet sizes cause it runs too rich so i cant use an air box

I can't make it tonight...gotta take care of biz!

Yeah I know your BIZ and she wears a skirt LOL

Group riding dos and don'ts

Here is a description of what happened on a Texas ride where the chick broke her elbow... just goes to show anything can happen on a ride.... and a cautionary tale of the dangers of riding too close in a pack!

-------------------------------

As for the crash: Lester’s bike seized and locked while we were riding in a pack. As he was skidding, our friend Luke hit him from behind on his silver Puch causing both Lester and Luke to take a dive doing about 35. When Luke fell, his bike slid out to the right of him and straight into the path of Carla who hit it head on, flipped over the handlebars, landed hard on the ground with her bike bouncing on top of her. It was pretty intense to see

-----------------------------------

Take it for what it's worth!

Re: Group riding dos and don'ts

Yikes.....yeah I read that earlier. Pretty scary stuff. Be careful kids.

joeho dont forget you said you'd help me get my pedal arms off with your magical punch tool. ummm so that means i need new pins to hold in my new pedal arms....is there anyplace local that has the right size or will i need to rely in the interweb?

toodles

Justin... I have a punch and a hammer too and I have a couple of extra pegs in my toolbox that will prolly fit you arms :)

hey guys, just in case youre wondering, the cambridge rmv does registrations, but not mopeds. of course, nowhere on the website does it say that. dont waste your entire lunch break and plan your day around getting your sticker there.

no reason.

Yeah, Watertown is always a good bet from my experience. They also have the highest percentage of passing people for driving/motorcycle tests (80% pass)! The RMV's open late on Thursdays too, btw...

Watertown is the best place, at lease that is where I have always gone. Have they changed the forms in the past years? I have not registered any of my peds in years due to the fact that I have never been stopped. But with so many bikes on the road these days, I am sure they are "after" everyone. Is the cost still $20 and just need the bike number, year, model, and hp?

Jay,

Are you over at the Fine Arts Library? I sent you an e-mail, if not someone else got it.

-Fred

sick fratbone, you wanna try and get that rigged tonight? I lost my cell so any communication must come via internetz

aha thats so funny because that is exactly what i was planning to do today on my lunch break. Thanks for taking the hit.

cool cool Justin... thats all I have too... I'll call joe later and mebbe he can meet us!

Im heading out now but I'll check this around 3"30 and we can set up a meet!

Its 40.00 for years

print the form here and just bring a bill of sale in case they ask for it... they usually dont!

http://www.mass.gov/rmv/forms/20017.pdf

i meant it's for 2 years :)

MopedJay,

I just went to the Somerville NAPA on the McGrath Highway and they said they don't carry petcock's and would have to order them special.

First I went to autozone in somerville ... then I went the wrong way and ended up by Good Time (Closing TODAY) and ran out of gas ... then I ended up at the autozone in Medford only to realize that I drove right past it on the mcgrath highway next to Mr Tux.

Could you do me another favor and pick me up four petcocks and i'll pay you back ... yup it is the same size threads as the moby petcock

... I have a bike you can borrow Wednesday if you just want to drive down in your car.

tim

i bought you a petcock today i can go get more if you want

i tried to call you but your phone must be off

i just took my moby out and blew the condenser so i went and got a new ford one to put in but im going to mount it up with the coil so it will be away from the heat of the engine and it will last longer

hmm I've been told my moby might have a condenser problem. What are some of the warning signs?

My history with your bike is that after getting nice and heated up the engine stop firing. You will be riding along, going nice and fast.....then silence. It would idle but no other problems. How has the bike been riding so far?

It's been riding well. The last ride we did was pretty long, and towards the end, I noticed slower starts off of stoplights, but all in all it was fine. I was running the idle too high until yesterday, so maybe that's affecting things. Also, sometimes it backfires when I start it up. I figure it's either the exhaust (which rattles) or I'm just starting it wrong.

It will backfire if you hold the start lever down too long after the engine firing up. Seems to be running well then! I used to have a screw driver handy to adjust the idle while at red lights.

go get one for an old ford or chevy mount it with the sec coil and splice the cond wire with the grey wire going to the coil

Hey Tim, You need to take Brett Walker off the mailing list. I keep getting replies from him about your heads-up emails. I'm sure I'm not the only one getting them. :)

I don't mind, you can send them to me. Maybe one of these days I'll make it out there to B-town for a ride, but he seems P.O'd. Maybe he's never heard of filtering.

who it bret walker anyway

someone needs to get a local boston moped board going. these threads are too complicated to follow. i'll look into this.

Hey Justin

I'm back home.... IM me at yogicrelease or post her so we can set up a meet!

Daniel, you meeting at your house? I may stop by...

yeah definateley getting the feeling that bret doestn love us any more.

Oh well.

Anywone want a cheap magnum?

Hey Phil

I just talked to Joe at work and if the pegs are really frozen in Justin's bike we may have to go by Waterown Toyota on N Beacon and Joe said he could heat em up with a torch.... which may be the case cause I had the same thing on my magnum a couple years ago and it was so frozen I had to drill the damn thing out!

I'll know better after justin checks in when he gets out of work at 5...

I can meet you anytime before 5:30ish or afterward tonight!

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account