The Boston Ride Vol. IV

hey! i have this wensday off, so whats the deal everyone?

yup... blah,blah,blah mopeds!@

~SABAT!

Re: The Boston Ride Vol. IV

moped huh whats a moped

N00b Haxors!!!

quick question for my boston bro's

Hey guys, it's annoying dave again with his stupid noob questions......

If there is like just a little bit of gas left in a moped tank, will this cause the bike to stall out a little bit. I use two stoke weed wackers and a two stroke leaf blower everyday and this does not happen with them....I was crusing tonight and kinda just coming to a stop. I could hear some gas splish splashing around so I thought it wasn't that. However I came to the conclusion that a moped bounces around so if there is just a little bit of gas, it might splash up the tank and not be getting used for the engine. Please tell me this is why I was stalling and not some other mystical problem. Either way, I'm making the pilgramage up to mopedjays tomorrow night and he's gonna help me out with a few things so I'm super stoked. I kind of feel like I'm john claude vandamn and I'm making the trek into the mountains to train with the mui tai master. I hope when I get to jays house though, I don't get my foot caught in a trap and am hanging upside down for an hour. (is kickboxer anyone elses favorite movie?)

Great!

We missed you and Miker on the last ride!

i am going to try to be there! my moped is still at mopedjay's but since tim can't seem to stop accumulating mopeds maybe i will get a chance to break another one of his.

Re: quick question for my boston bro's

drain tank, and rebuild your fuel petcock, the reserve is prolly clogged, and it will give you a understanding of how the valve works.

~SABAT!

mikes gotta work, but he working on getting out of it, we shall be in full force this week!

working on swapping out the electrical on the tomos this week.

same place/time?

~SABAT!

I'm in for wednesday !

After a bitch of time, I replaced my motor mounts today. and yesterday I fixed the idle and the speedometer. So yeah, Im pumped to ride!

Are we going to Southie?

~sheila

I got double vision!

1214793827_puchers.jpg

i hope to god ill be there. ive been working everyday straight for a week and a half. and on my day off i drove to vermont and back in the same day 606 miles. yep.

but moving on to blah lbah blah blhab mopeds.

my throttle is still broke (waiting on it) so hopefully ill be riding sabat's super awesome shiny deluxe ultra blue maxi.

Im down for a ride on my Puch, someone email me with the meeting spot and time please!

Any plans for NEXT wednesday? Revere beach?

helll yes any beach!

i get off work at 7 i dont like to drag the group down but is there any way you guys can wait a few minutes for me?

Sullivan & Sullivan,llp /

wicked pumped about wednesday, where abouts are we headed?

the things that happened thread is way to long and takes forever to load...

i just spent tons of time working on the new italian ped that a stranger randomly gave me for free today that I met while getting gas for my honda express.

i cleaned the dellorto 14.12

took apart the engine and cleaned all the ports... i ripped the paper base gasket so i made a new one out of paper gasket material i had lying around ...

the center stand was a little bit bent ... and then i put more weight on it and bent it a ton more ... i used a vice to bend it back and MIG welded some extra metal pieces to make it nice and strong and good as new.

put it back together and it has a nice strong spark...

I need a petcock that will fit this bike... anyone have a spare hanging around?

We meet at the Other Side Cafe on the corner of Mass ave and Newbury St between 6 and 7..

Its across Mass ave opposite the Mass Pike entrance.... looking forward to seeing you there!

i will have the new moby, which still needs a little tinkering. i may also have my batavus, so a friend can come. barring that, anyone have a second moped?

I have a couple but at current they are not very reliable. I'm going to tear down the express tonight and try to get it pretty again. I did some reading on case induction and I think my rusty reeds might be fudging shit up.....Rust is everywhere, i hate it.

Hey Jay, got a problem with those 2-ways...they only come with one charger! I'm going to buy at least one set today for Wednesday, but I'm not sure 4 makes sense just yet. Good news is, we can always get more later should we need it!

charge them off the power of your moped!nhey phil can you guys wait a bit for me wednesday?

Let's extend the meet time till Joe gets there...I don't think that will be a problem. So, we going to castle island or what?

Anyone Riding Today or Tonight?

Is anyone up for a ride later today or tonight?

It might be a good idea to ride a bit before the Wednesday ride to pinpoint any potential problems with your peds and get them fixed before the ride!

if we go to castle island i can ride the bat, as there arent any huge hills. wednesdays supposed to be th best day of the week. an extra half hour should not matter.

Bah, break in the Moby! We'd all like to see minty goodness representing!

Sullivan & Sullivan,llp /

i was actually gonna suggest castle island. my old hood...when it comes to hamburgers, take it from sully, you cant beat Sully's

i get outa work at 5 and can ride and chill around for a bit. I think my wheel bearing might be going shit. Someone should help me take a look at em.

yeah I got 2 hot dogs, a cheeseburger, fries and a coke for 7.50 the last time I was there last month!

sweet tim

yeah the petcock on that screws into the tank i think if it is you can use the same kind i just put on my moby and one on bones

they $4 at napa

I will Justin... they usually go slow.. and then just seize up causing you to come to a screeching halt!

I have a set of sealed bearings I got that fit Puchs... not sure if they will fit your ped.... either way I found a place that sells em in Somerville... just bring in theold ones and they measure and match them up!