tomos speedo mount

I want to take off the shroud that holds the speedo on my sprint, and replace it with a smaller speedo holder so that its just basically the speedo sitting there. Anyone done this before? are there older style brackets from tomos' or puchs that would work for this?

Re: tomos speedo mount

There's this one. Peace. Jerry.

1214758218_copy_of_03tomoslight.jpg

Thanks. I'm looking for something a little more simplistic though, like just a bracket or mounting plate. Im not very partial to the plastic. I suppose if it came down to it I could try to fab my own. I'm going to be mounitng a CEV headlight like that on mine very soon though.

Here is one I made myself out of a piece of 1/8" sheet aluminum.

1214763702_pdr_0221.jpg

nice, that thing is pretty cool looking. how did you make the bend for the handlebar?

tomos speedo mount

here's mine. pat turner helped me out with it.

it's just the original tomos speedo pulled out of its housing and attached to the handlebar mount with a couple of screws and modified brackets that we took off of a puch speedo, shaved to size and put holes in to fit. there are a whole bunch of washers spacing it out.

i reattached the speedo light wire and wrapped the other wires (high beam indicator wire, etc.) around themselves until they were not noticeable.

feel free to email me directly if you want to do this and have any more questions.

1214767422_untitled1.jpg

tomos speedo mount

i just realized that i worded that kind of oddly. just to clarify; we shaved the puch brackets down to size and put holes in the sliver metal speedo holder that came with the sprint (where the screws go in from the top). we used 2 of the 4 original holes in the puch brackets.

thats a pretty good idea, I can probably find some chunks of metal around he that i can dremel to size, and then drill holes in it to hook it up similar to your. thanks

That was from an '05 ST. I put one of those round lights on my '08 Sprint, and didn't even bother installing the speedo. After thinking it over, I couldn't see any reason why I needed it. Peace. Jerry.

the only reasons i want to keep the speedo, as unreliable as it is, it for the odometer, and to have a rough idea of how fast im going while under 40mph in places like the center of town because the limit is 25.

tomos speedo mount

Here is a video i made to show off my lights but you can see the speedometer mount I made pretty well in it.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

&hl=en"></param><embed src="

&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

There is no bend in it. Where it bolts up to the handlebar mount just happens to be directly in line with the edge of the bar.

« Go to Topic — end of thread