HElp needed ...

Ok, so i have a friend with an 87 jeep cj7 thats in need of work but he wants 1,000 ... and says i can pay him 500 and work for him for the rest, and really think im getting a good deal but honestly im not sure, the specs are: has 8ton winch, centerline rims(w.out tires and is on blocks), needs a gastank, has a nice stereo with 2 12" subwoofers and other goodies, but its been parked 2 years unstarted and when we went to start it the thing wouldnt crank over... i dont really know what to look for and its not like my parents are here to guide me along anymore so i ask you ..what should i be on the lookout for when buying a project such as this... any help is greatly appreciated- jacob

Re: HElp needed ...

wow check how much u know will need to replace adds up to then add some more see if all is worth it at the end tahda

i know decent tires will be like 200/ea then the gas tank will probly be like 100 or so, then that just leaves figuring out why it doesnt run....

probably needs a new alternator and battery 2

nah dude, fuck that.

since it has no gas tank, you might just need gas

no it should crank over w.o. gas but make sure there is oil in it. if not its prolly siezed up and your fucked. so make sure there is oil. oh and make sure everything is workable. if it loooks like its going to be hard to fix, it will be. so if everything is rusted and shit then just leave it. 500 is a good price but just know you will put alot of money into it. and it will take a good couple summers to work on it. unless u have a heated garage. be carful. really look everything over before u buy it.

Ok, so i go to the guys house and we try to jump start it and still no go, the body is in decent shape and the engine was rebuilt before he parked it outdoors so now i just really dont know what 2 do.

uh, don't buy it?

if it has no gas it wont run no matter what you do. if it didnt turn over with a jump start then leave it. a cj is not worth tht amount of work. just go out and buy a newer jeep like a 96 or sumthin. my bros got one and tht thing is beast. ive seen tht climb the side of a mountain. those things will go anywhere.

Sullivan & Sullivan,llp /

i'd go for it, at the very least you could part it out and probably make a couple of bills

HElp needed ...

kim jensen /

pretty old, sounds like a bucket of never ending problems.

Sitting trwo years engine and tranny seals can dry out and leak.

kbj

« Go to Topic — end of thread