I want to shoot my Peugeot frame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris Hernandez /

So, I got a Peugeot 13 for $75 a little bit ago and it was going to be my slow project. My Maxi crapped out and I have to rebuild the ZA50 on it. So I decided to step up the Peugeot and get it going. I had a grand plan for it, custom paint 80cc kit, the fucking works.

I am de-rusting the tank and and pour some gas into it and I start to notice that it is leaking premix.

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!

This ruins my day.

Re: I want to shoot my Peugeot frame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pin holes or big stuff?

Chris Hernandez /

i cant tell, a good amount of gas was coming out.

Don't Worry Chris, those are just Speed Holes.:)

Get JB WELD

Cleats Onionpockets /

I'm assuming you mean a 103. If that's the case, you may be looking at frame brace territory, as the gas tank forms part of the frame. Depending on how badly perforated the tank is, you may have lost a bit of structural integrity. Enough that you'll want to brace it if you kit the thing, as it would be all kinds of emberrasing to have your frame fold in two in the middle of a ride because of the weakened tank.

Chris Hernandez /

I think it was already JB welded and that gave out during the the whole de-rusting with acid process, maybe?

Zachary Evans, Destroyer of Worlds /

I thought the square tubing ran through the 103 tank? I swear I heard that somewhere..

I have cut a 103 frame apart, im not sure if they are all the same, but the one i sliced up had nothing more then a sheet of metal (same thickness as the tank wall) running down the center with rather large circles through it to allow gas in both halves of the tank. If you are going to paint it anyway, sand off the paint, find the holes, fix them (JB weld or flow a little solder into them or whatever your preferred method of repair is) and after they are fixed prime and paint.

Zachary Evans, Destroyer of Worlds /

Solder sounds like a bad idea, as gas fumes tend to burn/explode inside a gas tank...

That sucks!

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account