Help me create MopedTV 3.0

Hey guys,

for those of you who have no clue wtf im talking about, last year at the kzoo rally i brought a webcam, a laptop and a sprint pcs card with me. i basically duct taped the webcam to my helmet, started a live video feed and rode around the rally. some of it was pretty cool. most of it was buggy and boring. about half a year later i made mopedTV more intensive. did 2 broadcasts with video submissions, live feeds from around the nation and showed off some bikes. that was pretty cool actually but i was still a total newb at live video stuff and the site wasnt exactly very cool. you can check it out at www.dontcallitascooter.tv break>

anyway, i finally have a tiny bit of free time. we arent doing any vitamin TV stuff in july. we are reformatting our show and making a new set and building a new site. so i can use this time to make a new mopedtv. My goal is to create something for YOU GUYS to use. i am happy to do the occasional broadcast but its not about harold, its about mopeds. i can set it up so all you need is a frikkin 25$ webcam and you can broadcast live too. i pay for everything, its cheap as shit cause we have so many accounts. It is really frikkin easy to use too, its all drag and drop, its all flash based and it works on macs or pc's. The main goal is to create and interactive TV station that is run completely by mopedarmy people. you watch, you produce, you enjoy!

so here are the 3 things i would like to see in the new mopedTV

Live Rally Coverage - I will be broadcasting live from the Seattle Rally this year. its gonna be pretty sweet. i got tons of equipment and experience now so it should go pretty smooth (unlike the LA rally). Eventually i would like to see other people doing this as well. i sure as hell cant go to every rally but i can help you run the coverage virtually through the online studio. you start a feed and i can control it from my end.

Live TV Shows - when cool shit happens, you have a race in your town, a drinking contest, build a sweet fucking bike or are just hangin out in your garage with your friends why not broadcast that shit? Its interactive, other people can tap in and broadcast with you and the rest of us get to watch and talk to you via chatroom!

Live Moped Garage - Are you rebuilding an e50 for the first time? portmatching your tomos? adjusting the header angle on that new simonini? or shit are you just trying to change the jet in your carb? broadcast it! we can help instantly! a picture is worth a thousand words and video is worth a million. why not bring your laptop and webcam into your garage or backyard and you can either show us how to do it or we can help you do it for the first time!

I am sure there are other uses here but these are the things i see having the most benefit. THe most important thing is that its all something your are able and excited to use. maybe mopedarmy isnt ready yet for this, maybe its overdue. but i dont want to spend the time to build it now if we arent gonna use it. So help me figure out what to do.

There are a bunch of different ways that this could be accomplished. for example i can make a site that i embed in post here. That site would have like lets say 4 different broadcast areas.

The main broadcast channel would have the mogulus player. thats the really nuts one that does titles and commercials and links and can broadcast multiple people on the same screen. Then i could have 3 other channels run by separate services like qik, stickcam, ustream or flixwagon. they can either be different or all the same service but it would give you the ability to "change channels" on "MopedTV".

The other option is to use a messageboard format to allow people to post that they are gonna be on at lets say 6pm on friday, and then embed the video feed of their choice in that post. you could use any service you want as long as it has an embeddable player.

im sure there are other options and thats why i am posting this. i would love input, ideas, suggestions criticism all of it. PLEASE LET ME KNOW

below is an example of the mogulus player. all of the past shows are available in the "On Demand" area. just click the button and pick a show. take a look. god some of those vids are embarrassing. anyway umm yeah, lets make history! lets run our own tv show!

p.s. we need a better fucking name than dontcallitascooter.tv i'll buy it if u can come up with a good one.

<script src="http://static.mogulus.com/scripts/playerv2.js?channel=mopedtv&layout=playerEmbedDefault&backgroundColor=0xffffff&backgroundAlpha=1&backgroundGradientStrength=0&chromeColor=0xff9933&headerBarGlossEnabled=false&controlBarGlossEnabled=true&chatInputGlossEnabled=false&uiWhite=true&uiAlpha=0.5&uiSelectedAlpha=1&dropShadowEnabled=true&dropShadowHorizontalDistance=10&dropShadowVerticalDistance=10&paddingLeft=10&paddingRight=10&paddingTop=10&paddingBottom=10&cornerRadius=3&backToDirectoryURL=null&bannerURL=null&bannerText=null&bannerWidth=320&bannerHeight=50&showViewers=true&embedEnabled=true&chatEnabled=false&onDemandEnabled=true&programGuideEnabled=false&fullScreenEnabled=true&reportAbuseEnabled=false&gridEnabled=false&initialIsOn=false&initialIsMute=false&initialVolume=10&width=600&height=600&wmode=window"; type="text/javascript"></script>

Help me create MopedTV 3.0

Mopedevision

Re: Help me create MopedTV 3.0

this is sweet. i just got a phone that does vids so hell ill record every thing!!! HA HA HA

REVENGE OF THE PEUGEOT TSM !!

Zachary Evans, Destroyer of Worlds /

I have nothing useful to post, except that I'm really excited about this happening again.

how about just mopedtv.com or moped.tv harold?

lol, angry german kid is broadcasting now.

both taken by douchebag site parkers. gotta get creative.

mopedsarecool.tv

mymopedkicksyourmopedsass.tv

mopeds.tv

mopedstuff.tv

mopedshit.tv

mopedjunkie.tv

themopedtakeoveriscomingassoonasalloftheoilisusedupinthisdamnwar.tv

and this list goes on.....

maybe ill just start recording when i do engine work.

This is an awesome idea. I'm speechless. I would love to see something like this created. I'm more than willing to contribute videos. I'm looking to get an extreme helmet cam that I can attach to my helmet.

This sounds sweet as hell...

My dad actually developed a camera system for racing sportbikes, that had an internal gyro so it panned and titled when the bike leaned and hit curves. It was sweet as hell.

I should adopt his system and mount it on the front of my ped!

I would sure in hell love to show my maxi's first runn on the tv.

mopedsuck.com

toe fur threadkiller /

strokeplusstroke.com

strokeplusstroke.com

my vote is on that ^

yeah stroke plus stroke hahaha yes

hey harold, I have a web cam, does that help?

i wanna help too so it isn't all west coast dominated

send me an email with more info, if its for a legit business i can drive to shoots till my restricted is done. we have a semi scene going on in s.e. va plus rva is just up the street and i need an excuse to buy a new camera

chuck@lumenlab.com

not a legit business at all lol. just something fun. if it takes off i will tryto sell tshirts or something on the site to help maintain hosting fees but thats it.

at this point looking for creative concepts and ideas. dont worry everyyone will be able to participate whenever they want!

Zachary Evans, Destroyer of Worlds /

I think it'd be fun to have some rides on file, something awesome always happens each night, and there's never a camera on it..

HArold best moped show ideas ever.....

MOPED MYTH BUSTERS!!!!!!

bust myths like boot bottles really?, heavy wheels vs light wheels?, doubles go faster?, NJ s it really filled with 14yrold with tomoses? etc. ppl write in to see what gets busted too.

Moped tuner wars

we take tuners from different parts of the states and pit them head to head in a battle with build rules etc. and then there is a series of races

a video version of moped of the week. (or month lol)

this is sounding like the beginning of something good, I am up to help, I will be broadcasting

of course lighter wheels make you faster its physics

elliot,

best idea in the history of good ideas.

I love the name dontcallitascooter!

but do heavier taller wheels make you roll faster in the top end? mayyyyybe...

Can't wait, I'll contribute a vid or two.

i happen to have a brand new HD video camera... may have to put up some videos when i get my magnum completed.

bump!

how do you guys prefer to post your stuff?

do you want me to force you to use a specific service? make a minimessageboard where u can post yer stuff? come on let me know!

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account