I HATE PEOPLE; THEY ARE DICKS.

in particular i hate cheap ass bums and bike people.

1. cheap ass bums - my gas was siphoned... yes... i know... from my moped so i got stranded at work. luckily there were cool people in a truck with a gas can full of gas they let me use. but come on people... stealing 3/4 of a gallon of 2-stroke gas from a moped... i will find you and destroy you.

2. bike people - i go into a local bike shop today to see if they can put new tires/tubes (WHICH I HAVE ON ME) on my moped wheels... and they automatically go "OMG no. we don't do things with motors" and i'm like, "uhhh but it's just the tires..." and they say "OMG it's a TOTALLY different process. go to a scooter store." ok, asshole, i bet you i could bring in those tires, say they're for a heavy-duty mountain bike, and you wouldn't snob at me about motors. not to mention stop giving me dirty looks when i pull up on my moped. fuck you, self-righteous bike bastard.

Re: I HATE PEOPLE; THEY ARE DICKS.

go to metacon, seth and ilanas bike shop. they are in the gang and own a bicycle shop. seth will help you do it.

oh and sorry i didnt answer when you called. im at work.

lame.

just for the record, depending on your moped the double-chain on the back wheel makes changing the tire/tube a BEASTTTT.

also, they are different than bike tires.

a motorcycle/cycle shop will do it for about $15 a tire!

Jake Shaughnessy /

sounds like someone had a bad day..

or after the rally i can do it for you.

they could have at least LOOKED at the tires, and then said they couldn't do it without all the hipster bike elitist attitude. i wanted to punch their gauges right out of their scruffy little heads.

Tha FishSticks /

possibly they are worried about liabilities and would rather not take any risks.

Ϫ‡☄ಬ∞ ƀƖḬƝƊ ƤǂƿƎ ∞ಬ☄‡Ϫ /

LOL!!!

everytime a hipster rides a fixie, an angel goes to hell.

please, think of the angels.

doesnt sound like they were thinking at all

my friend brought up a good point about getting your ped gas siphoned...the asshole who did it will put it in his car and fuck his engine up from 2-stroke. haha

I got a local bike shop to put my tires on. They're actually the only ones who have never looked at me like I'm crazy. It's really nice. The guy who put my Gazelle on said it was hard, but he's put on harder ones (like some sort of giant thick downhill tires or something), so it's not like they can't do it or that it's really different. You're right, people really can be dicks sometimes.

2 stroke gas works fine in cars. That sucks that they wouldn't put your tires on for you. I've had good luck taking the wheels off, and then taking them in. If they ask why you have a sprocket on either side of your wheel, tell them it's a flip-flop hub, and to put the tires on it already.

yeah some friends and I had a douchtastic experience at a bike shop. we were looking to find out my friends helmet size. so as polite as can be we walked in and asked about helmet sizes and if bike helmets have the same sizes as motorcycle helmets. and the one guy rolled his eyes said "no! your going to have to go to a mo-to-r-cy-c-le shop for that lol" then we explained that we had mopeds and were trying to find out about helmet sizes. and him and his friends started laughing etc. so we just freakin left because they were being assholes. and as we were leaving the one guy screams " human engine buddy! you should try the human engine sometime" HURRRRRR

Yea bike shop people can be real douchebags, though some are helpful. But one time I called a place asking if they had 415HD chain links since some BMXers use it, and they said they did. So I ride there, go in and ask for it. The guy starts looking through drawers, struggling to find the master link. Then the owner comes out and says "whats it for" (ugh), and I say its 415HD for a moped and his reponse is "WE DONT CARRY NONBICYCLE PARTS." Well thanks a lot for lying to me on the phone you fucking douche.

But also, its really not that hard to put tires on yourself, I did it with a $4 pair of plastic tire irons from a bike shop. Takes a little time and effort but its perfectly doable.

At my shop, we will work on pretty much anything you roll in the door, Segway, scooter (the kind you stand on), anything we can find a part for, If we don't have access to the part, we politely suggest another nearby business that might be able to do the job.

Some people in shops seem to think the are somehow more special than anyone else, but it's just another mechanical device, and hell, pretty much everyone can ride a bike and could ride pretty well given enough saddle time. It's supposed to be fun, bottom line.

Sometimes it is just hard to convince people to take your money, fuck 'em their loss.

what a bunch of d-bags, how could you say no to such a pretty little thing? if i had hot chicks comin into a store i owned askin for help, id at least try to help em.

That sucks. I'd do them for you for free if I were near.

Wow!! Sounds like you did have a bad day. First of all, all bike freaks are snobs, every single one of them. I've gone into bike shops looking for bicycle parts, and when they see me ride up on my $350 Haro mountain bike, no helmet, no clipless pedals, and no spandex, they get an attitude. They have some kind of superiority complex. I don't know what the deal is. As for somebody stealing the gas out of your moped, yeah, that sucks, but gas is like gold today. At least you didn't have a locking cap on it, so they didn't destroy that, and possibly the tank neck. 2 stroke gas will destroy the catalytic converter on a newer car, but I used to use it in my old VW bugs to help lubricate the valves, since they were designed for leaded gas. Sorry you had such a bad day, but things will be better tomorrow, I know they will. Peace. Jerry.

toe fur threadkiller /

hipsters suck.

Re: I HATE smokeblowers; THEY ARE DICKS.

BryAn eurism /

Hipster fight, fixies vs mopeds, who would win?

But yeah I'd be seething with rage if somebody jacked my gas, then I could cheer myself up with the thought that their car is going to cost them $300 to get rid of the rotten-egg smell it's going to get in the next 3 days, oh and it won't smog until they get the new cat

Bike shops; I've had bad ( when I was a kid & took a BMX wheel into a Kevin Bacon-type shop) and I've have a cool mom&pop that hooked me up through my mountain, roadie, & jumper phases

A shop does have its prerogative to not want to install brought-in tires. It's too easy for some bouchedag to sue the place out of business and jack up the loyal customers

But being in a moped shop and pointing& laughing when some tweeker shows up with a mini chopper, I did not count it as being superior to someone (OK it is when someone looks all up & down in the showroom and sees NOT ONE OTHER BIKE that looks like theirs) but yeah just that, they gotta understand that these are mopeds and until someone else nearby opens up the same caliber of a brick & mortar, nobody's going to even have time to catch their breath and see if they can fill a simple request outside the scope of 'peds

So Jerry, you calling me a snob? I've been working in / owning bike shops pretty much my whole life. I guess you've got me pegged.

You can walk through my doors with the biggest turd, and you'll get the same treatment as someone with a high zoot ride.

Usually the nicer the bike, the bigger dick the customer can be.

There are assholes wherever you turn, but they can be neutralized by the nice people in the world.

The other night when my ped broke and I was walking, some kid yelled "sucker" out the window of an SUV in a squeaky voice, but also at least 5 people asked if I needed help. Considering how few cars passed by, I was surprised how many offers I got.

I know a lot of people in the bike industry, and there are plenty of good people. Maybe it's just the shops in your neck of the woods that suck.

there is a bike shop a bit further away form my place that i went to before to buy a chain, and the guy asked me what it was for and i said a moped expecting him to get confused and angry, but he was really cool and actually said he was looking into buying one. he helped me find the right chain and everything. i should try going there from now on.

both have pedals... so i don't understand all the friction between bikers and pedders.

you go girl. get on with your bad self.

Emily: I think it has a lot to do with the cyclists in Portland. A lot of them ride for the environment, much like mopeds it's a culture to its own. Mopeds are filthy, filthy machines and I'm sure a lot of them have issues with that. As for staff at bicycle shops acting like that, bummer dude. They should treat any customer with respect but again, different culture. Sicks about your siphoned gas. At least you don't drive a car!

hard to believe peoplw would steel moped gas, pray if fucks up thier car but since I work with the public nothing supprises me any more. Have a better tomorrow!

Around here, there are basically 2 kinds of people who ride bikes, those who ride for transportation, the dreaded "utility cyclist", they usually ride Walmart bikes. Then there are the elite roadies and mountain bikers, on their several thousand dollar carbon fiber or titanium framed bikes, with Ultegra or Campy components. There is a very large and well established "Tour de France" type bike culture around here, and they are the type that go to bike shops, and they are the type that most of the bike shops cater to. There is one bike shop near ASU that sells cruisers and lower end mountain bikes, they are the only place to go if you are not a Lance Armstrong wannabe. Peace. Jerry.

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

Gas being siphoned = lame

Not being able to put your own tires and tubes on = lame

It's not that hard. A couple of flathead screwdrivers or butterknives, a little lube, maybe one friend to help is all you need for a fantastic night.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account