Suzuki FA50

I've an opportunity to pick one of these up for about 400.00. It runs good and has low miles. I've got pretty bad knees from the Army and I was wondering about this. What do you guys think of this model? I don't really dig the single tube frame but this one looks better because it has mud guards. It's banana yellow too, but that's nothing that a couple of cans of flat black can't take care of.

Re: Suzuki FA50

They run very smooth, but tend to be a bit on the squirrely side. They are not the most robust construction, foot pegs are usually the first to go and with all the weight over the back wheel the rear rims tend to be prone to bending. $400 seems a bit high for an Fa50 but if it's a truly cherry bike with the rare leg shields I could believe that price. Don't paint it flat black though, it would ruin the character of the Fa. It's "toy-ness" is what makes it endearing. The frame is solid and the engine should give you very little trouble but if your a bigger guy look for something else. You may also find a taller bike more comfortable on the knees. Sachs G3, Motobecane 50v, Honda Pa50, and Puch Magnum all ride like cars and are large framed enough to allow for more leg room so to speak.

Suzuki FA50

Just sold a cherry black one for $475 for my friend, nicest FA50 ever! Sell them quite regular nice with title for $400-450. The frame is beefy other than the foot rests. Otherwise quite a good machine.

I went to Austin Mopeds and the mechanic let cruise the parking lot on a Vespa Grande. I was suprised how comfortable it was and it felt pretty natural for me to ride. I'm coming from motorcycles. I rode a friend's scooter and it felt kind of weird. I didn't get that feeling on the Grande.

those bikes r tough and torque I hate there carb right now but other than that wonderful design

yeah, I know the feeling lol, it feels very natural leaning into a turn on a motorcycle but on a scooter you're not sure if the bike should lean or you or both. The large wheels are nice. Vespa Grande is a nice bike.

« Go to Topic — end of thread