I need opinions

well, i just bought my first moped ever.(1979 Sachs prima). when i saw the post for it, i saw the price and it was really cheap, cheap enough for me to afford, so i bought it thinking i could pry fix it up. I found out that the transmission is allll fucked up.and also my petcock is broken. in my opinion, i dont even think my bike will ever go over 20 mph. Now i need your guys's help on this. should i attemt to work on my moped? or should i just put it up for sale and buy a new moped? because right now, its looking like im about to sell it, but at the same time i dont want too. so its a tough decision

Re: I need opinions

Sach is a good bike, But the trans do have a flaw in them. The flaw is the drive gear is press fit on the shaft. So when a Sach has a trans problem, drive gear has slipped and needs to be replaced. If you do find a new one take it to a weld shop and tack the gear on part.

If it cheap it worth monkey'en on. You find by looking at profiles. That people tend to 1 or 2 bands.There are some moped heads who have everything

so basically i need to replace my drive gear?

so could one just get the loose drive gear welded in place?

this is what I what told by the moped guru. He also told me that welding them back together to tricky. It's an alignment issue. Check handy bike for sach stuff. I think he's holding

hehe, "holding Sachs" yeah BJ is totally the man! He'll hook you up!

« Go to Topic — end of thread