I need opinions

well, i just bought my first moped ever.(1979 Sachs prima). when i saw the post for it, i saw the price and it was really cheap, cheap enough for me to afford, so i bought it thinking i could pry fix it up. I found out that the transmission is allll fucked up.and also my petcock is broken. in my opinion, i dont even think my bike will ever go over 20 mph. Now i need your guys's help on this. should i attemt to work on my moped? or should i just put it up for sale and buy a new moped? because right now, its looking like im about to sell it, but at the same time i dont want too. so its a tough decision

Re: I need opinions

Sach is a good bike, But the trans do have a flaw in them. The flaw is the drive gear is press fit on the shaft. So when a Sach has a trans problem, drive gear has slipped and needs to be replaced. If you do find a new one take it to a weld shop and tack the gear on part.

If it cheap it worth monkey'en on. You find by looking at profiles. That people tend to 1 or 2 bands.There are some moped heads who have everything

so basically i need to replace my drive gear?

so could one just get the loose drive gear welded in place?

this is what I what told by the moped guru. He also told me that welding them back together to tricky. It's an alignment issue. Check handy bike for sach stuff. I think he's holding

hehe, "holding Sachs" yeah BJ is totally the man! He'll hook you up!

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account