Re: things that happened on the boston ride tonigh

You too??? Except I ride the wrong way to and from...I call it my 'reverse commute' lol

Yea me too, except i do it on a 5 foot unicycle juggling chainsaws.

youre not taking this seriously justin

you owe me a throttle cable... or a six pack.

not until we determine whether or not you were recently killed on sturrow drive.

i see dead people

i have a project bike that i can donate ... this can be fixed up as an official kHz loaner

i bought a junk cimatti city bike a while back that i never got around to getting road worthy ...

it was the first moped i bought ... i couldn't get it to spark so i gave up and bought mopedjay's moby ... a year later i realized the points were dirty and got it to spark and actually run... never had the time to finish the project.

____________________________________-

so far the following have signed up for the kHz contact list:

Tim

Andy Baker

Peter Goudy

andrew browning

Daniel

Justin

click here to sign up or fill in the form halfway up this thread

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?key=ptbaNc84T6MZkYprCkkMGIg&email=true

this data gets dumped into a spreadsheet...

we can print a bunch of copies and pass them around before the wednesday rides so nobody gets lost and stranded at rotaries, etc.

Re: To the dude with the Honda 50

I agree Jay.....

It was a great ride....

despite the fact that we had to make a detour to Harvard Sq that wasted an hour (since we couldnt even manage to stay together when the last half of the group decided to take Memorial drive leaving the rest of us to take mass ave like the original plan called for)

and when we finally did get back together and headed out memorial drive Jawa Dude got his pantyhose air filter sucked into his carb and broke down...... to me that was the most dangerous segment since we were all on the side of a busy fast road at the mercy of some drunk driver who couldve wiped out about five of us in one felled swoop (read Matt Tozer)....

and when we resumed riding Sheila ran out of gas and realized that she had no oil necessitating a stop at an auto parts store for oil.......

by this time I was saying WTF??

so by the time all this chaos was over the real ride began...... heading out through Newton to the cool backroads it was totally a fun adventure... with lots of exciting twists and turns in the plot :)

sure it sucked when we inadvertently got separated.... but even that was a mini adventure in its own right...

the point is that after all the weird crazy shit that got thrown at us was over we still had a blast!

Lets keep this in perspective...

MUWWWAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the thought of jawa dude's pantyhose air filter getting sucked into his carb just made me giggle.

We were bound to have a funky ride one of these weeks, but hopefully we just got it out of the way. Two-Ways are being purchased so we'll have those as well, not only as communication but they have the ability to 'ring' all others on the channel, so you'll know when someone is lost/broken down. Plus they're just cool to have walkies! hehe

Ok so now that thats out of the way, can we have a boston rally? =p

There's interest from other branches for that. I think soon we can start planning one - the only thing that complicates things is housing, but depending on how big it is, that may or may not be a problem. I'm thinking a long weekend may be easier on everyone, so Labor Day may be a good jump point.

I assure you that was not the first, nor will it be the last time I get my panties in a bunch.

i hope next time i get to see it. and document it with photographs.

You mean...

1214596463_dsc01019.jpg

oh my god where is the sidewalk?!! goodness gracious jawa dude you're going to get turned into road art!

also, your hosiery probably got a run in it.

yeah i get lost pretty easy in boston as we found out last night

Sidewalk? That was Mem Drive my dear...no sidewalk in sight.

the memorial drive i know has a nice big disconnected sidewalk.

Nah, my air horn will protect me.

Protects, AND deafens! The best weapon evar! Personally, I would _love_ to do this to my ride...

Anyone up for a ride tonight?

I'm heading over to Joe Ho's work to get my fender welded around 5..

It should take about an hour after which we are going to ride tonight....

It doesn't matter where... we just want to get out and ride!

If anyone wants to join us give Joe a call on his cell 617 833-1655...

We are coming from Watertown and will meet anyone anywhere!

The sun is out so it should be a great night for riding!

Re: Anyone up for a ride tonight?

:(

1214599789_epicfailjawa.jpg

bring it up here il have my sawzall ready it seems to like the the taste of jawa

Moped Sighting in Boson

Who was that moped that rode by Joe Ho's work at like 5:45 on North Beacon St in Watertown????

It looked like a General or a Jawa!

bump

i would go but my stupid clutch is seizing again and i hate mopeds and refuse to ride until i get my mobylette on sunday

if you think a MOBY is going to solve your reliability issues, you might be mistaken.

dont forget that you arent going to be allowed within 30 feet of it, and when you are, im going to make you wear one of those dog lampshade things so you cant touch it, or even look directly at it. this bike is so mint its ridiculous. you will not be permitted to ruin it.

i dont think you will have to worry about susan ruining it i think your will ruin it just fine yourself

just like you ruined your batavus