Re: To the dude with the Honda 50

Please take the above statements that were made in jest for what they were - genuine concern for some of you that ive met and some that i havent but know from the interweb. Just dont wanna see someone get hurt.

Jay, I'm already on the walkies...don't bother - I'll be ordering shortly after confirming if they're exactly like the one I currently have. If it is, I'll have 5 total, all with 5 mile ranges.

Memorial Drive and Storrow, two dif things LOL

Thats a much better mental picture.

Sorry, but anyone on a ped on storrow or a woman pushing moped through some hokey section of boston gives me the jitters.

I think I paid $20.00 for these at Radio Shaft for the grandsons. 5 mile radius and I think they're 14 channels on the new citizens band frequencies. They work exceptionally well.

1214498830_img_0751.jpg

Re: things that happened on the boston ride tonigh

if someone really breaks down and needs company, i volunteer to hoof it back with them. maybe it will give me good karma. and i'm used to walking.

also, yeah, no speed racer please! i think 35mph tops is good???

In retrospect, it wasn't as dire as it could have been and I really had a good time. Moped Army Boston Rocks!!!

The Uber shitty thing was that my bike was running flawlessly the day before. Oh well, lesson learned...no more jawa on long group rides! lol. It really wasn't that bad. I still had fun and got some exercise pushing my bike uphill the whole way home. :)

let's see if this works...

kHz contact list web form

http://web.mit.edu/tim_b/www/khz.html

<iframe src="http://spreadsheets.google.com/embeddedform?key=ptbaNc84T6MZkYprCkkMGIg&hl=en"; width="300" height="630" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">Loading...</iframe>

thats an awesome idea tim!

Thanks

I think everyone had a great adventure!

What's a ride without a few challenges!

That's why we mopeders excel... we have a fun attitude and an ability to adapt to anything that comes our way....

Let's not get bogged down with heavy regimentation and keep things spontaneous...after all isn't that the point?

I like to ride outside of the box all the cagers are stuck inside of!

Re: phone numbers?

too bad everybody doesnt have a nextel its so much easier than using the actual phone

susan i have just as much bad luck as you do i just enjoy my self anyway

me and conor still had fun even tho i kept breaking down we were still laughing and having fun of the piece of shit italian carb that doesnt like the piece of shit french moped

every gang has this same ride every so often, it seperates the mopeders from the men.

good times are ahead for boston.

hey i want to be the ass since im usually one anyway

It's good to hear that stuff is happening in Boston. I used to go ride with the KHZ when they first became a branch. I would love to drive up to boston to ride with you guys and meet some of the new members. We have a pretty good size group that has been riding in the westport/seekonk area. Maybe we could work out some kind of large ride or mini rally.

Dash Cam

Jay, Great video, it captures what we saw last night. Whose taillight is that in your lens? Mine? We gotta work on a dash cam for you. It'd probably take about 20 minutes between a bike shop and hardware store to throw together a camera mount that clamps-up and quick releases. Got me thinkin now...

My friend drives a black tomos and has a silver helmet, was probably him. I'll invite him to the ride next weds

next week!!!

after hours of driving fiascos, mopedjay has bones and promised to take very good care of him.

next week, maybe, i will be astride my bonesy!!!

Re: next week!!!

fuck this. we should all pony up like $30, bundle the money, and buy a sweet fixer moped, make it awesome together, and then boston will have a spare bike for someone to ride every time.

Re: next week!!!

that would be a problem, because i would be on it every single week. we'd have to initiate a loaner cap.

Re: Dash Cam

If you want a steady shot you should mount the cam to your helmet.

oh, ive already got big plans on camera mounting. unfortunately before i do that i have like three instruments to build, one batavus clutch to take apart and reassemble 100 times, one moped to pick up in western connecticut, and a million other things that ive been neglecting all summer.

Boston has loaners. Just ask me.

hey guys i really had fun last night. true that dan we shouldnt be too regimented. riding in the city was real easy and fun just riding on long stretches we really needed to stick together. Susan quit jinxing yourself. we'll getthat bike running. it just needs to be tuned right with all the proper parts. on the way back from newton i had great fun riding in the back making sure the group stays together and just to let you know my top speed is only 35 so dont be too worried i wouldnt leave any of ya'll behind. anyways riding alone aint too fun.

About a month ago I soft siezed on storrow drive. (yea i know im retarded) I had to jump off my bike and chuck it over the guard rail to avoid being splatted by 60 mph traffic. That was probably the most awesome moment of my life.

Moped + Storrow Drive = fast death on slow bike.

maybe you were killed so instantaneously that you dont even know youre dead yet.

Woah...that is deep. You just blew my mind Jay.

I've taken Soldier's Field till it turned into Storrow, but I ducked out at the Harvard Square exit...just too fast!

fuck it, i ride my mountain bike down the middle of the mass pike daily. wearing headphones.