causes of inconsistent motor speeds? sachs foxi

micah /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hello,

I have my first moped for about 4 months now, a sachs foxi. I'm sold on mopeds and want to get more already.

I had a question about engine speeds on my bike though.

It seemed when I was riding that there was often a disparity between the speed I was going. I wasn't sure if it was because of different perspectives compared to other cars or hills or wind...but I often am riding on relatively flat ground and not too much wind.

Since the speedo is broken, I finally had somebody clock me and my suspicions were correct.

Sometimes the bike seems to max out at 20-24 and then out a random stop it then was going 30...then after the next stop back down a bit.

What would be the cause of this and what should i look into doing?

There is a ride down here in Orange County soon and I'd like to participate...though I don't want to get left in the dust if my ped is sticking at 22MPG.

M

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account