Insulted again...

Ben Van Zoest /

Yesterday in my hick town sat by a stoptlite next to the curb when a beater pickup pulled up, the huge filty looking passenger caveman he spat a glob of tobacco juice near my foot and sneered 'why don't you throw some shit on it maybe it will grow'

Now that happened to me many years ago, when I drove small Peugeot cars and had me answer ready, 'is that what you mother did to you' felt better after.

So if it happens to you, you no how to reply...

Re: Insulted again...

Just smile and say, "100 miles to the gallon, dude"

just smile and then punch him in the mouth.

ha ben you beat me to it...i was gonna say smile and hit him in the face with your chain

matt, that is why i love the east coast.

just smile and point out the fact that you have teeth, and not tooth

part of riding a moped, as much a part as the handlebars.

i had a weekend warrior harley rider go past me this weekend in upstate new york, he was in the front of about 8 bikes, and he made a point of swerving over to my side of the road, reaching his leg out, and just tapping the side of my bike at 30 just to show off. Fuckin weekend warrior.

You gotta just keep riding, what ya gonna do?

A real biker would have just ridden on by. A real badass would have just...ridden on by. A real psychotic badass would have just booted me into a ditch.

Weekend warriors.

Last year a similar thing happened to me. A car load of yahoos pull up to me next to a light and said, "look at the fag on the moped." This year it's a whole different game, now I hear things like, "hey, that's cool man, where did you get that."

Andrew, if you're in a fix for parking tonight you can use our driveway or yard in Southie.

All I know, and I'm honestly not saying this with any real spite, is that I would feel like SUCH an asshole driving around in a full dress Hummer today. I just see these guys and wince a little with embarassment for them.

I know I said there was no spite, but a little cannot be helped. Four bucks a gallon just cannot fail to inspire schadenfreude when breezing by a rush hour traffic jamb on a moped.

Hmmm. Around here, mopeds are still hated, but scooters are considered cool. Yes, I have a scooter. But I also have a moped that can pretty much keep up with city traffic. I think it surprises some of these idiots in their lifted trucks to be passed by a moped. Sometimes I pretend to pedal when I go by them. Peace. Jerry.

Yeah I get mixed reactions.

You don't have to worry about the Hill Billy caveman with the plug of chew. Give him 2 or 3 years more. His face will rot off from the cancer.

When asshole start pictching shit out the window. That's when I start having a problem. It's always the same type of Asshole . Kids with their mom's car and you know they won't refill it.

Funny, it does seem to be a bit regional.

I've never once been troubled with this stuff here in west michigan (and we do indeed have our fair share of plug chewin mouth breathers).

When I lived in Texas however it was a bit different. I put a few thousand miles on bicycles while stationed there in the military, and the level of this type of ugliness was pretty damn discouraging.

I get shit from these intolerant rednecks all the time. This is kentucky tho, so I have to put up with it.

mike Elliott /

some old dude in a huge suv tried to grabbed the back of my pack out of his window. it sucked.

i think we all need to start keeping bear mace on our mopeds. maybe hidden under the tank. that way you can shoot that shit 10 feet into his car. letssee them chase you after getting a face full of shit that takes bears down.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

&hl=en"></param><embed src="

&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

christ... what kind of friends are those? that stuff could kill a person with unknown health issues

ooh, sounds like hit and run to me, hehe. Too bad cycle plates are impossible to read.

I'll stop at a light and I get asked how much I'd be willing to sell my bike for. It's happened a few times since I bought the bike...

this car of kids my age drove up to me at a light and the driver was all "man, that's a pony" to which I responded "oh yeah, hot shot, where's your big ol' bike?" and his friends started laughing at him. I felt pretty cool. All my other encounters are people asking where I got it. I kinda don't want to say I got it from craigslist anymore...there haven't been as many peds up for sale lately.

I must live somewhere with an incredibly rare moped tolerance, because I never really get yelled at or honked at or harassed by random people or the police.

The one or two times people have yelled things at me (I have no idea if they were good or bad ... I can't hear that well through my helmet) I just turn my head away and ignore them/pretend I didn't hear anything. Conveniently, I also have "No way! I think you're awesome too!" written on the back of my helmet.

when i'm alone nobody bothers me too much, usually guys my age saying "cool bike!!!" and then me promptly dying at a redlight. i've been pushing a lot recently and sometimes people offer to help, other times they laugh at me. nothing too mean, though.

when i'm riding with other people sometimes i get the "FAGS!" yelled out windows.

I get it a lot on my tomos "Fagget!". I never seem to get it on any other bike.People seem to really like my Honda pa50. (PA50I, so the joke's on them!) My solex gets a good response too. suppose you buy an NRA sticker and plaster it in a conspicuous spot?

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account