Re: pay less for gas

What people don't realize is that farmers need to use fuel to grow crops. If the fuel prices go too high, there won't be food because the farmers can't pay for fuel.

Edward Richardson /

I was just reading an newspaper article from 1922 about this professor type that had come up with this burner that used super heated steam and oil to produce a claimed super fuel. The article cited experts that doubted such a fuel could replace coal as the known oil reserves were calculated to only be able to last for the next 30 years and the increased use of petroleum would drive the cost up as to be unaffordable.

Yeah, I used to work in it, on it and around it. Refineries are the worse(t?) and the rigs can be oily smelling, but sewage? They may need to check the Porta-Potty.

I don't doubt you, they can be funky. But, my parents had a well across the street from their house that never smelled bad.

why dont we run shit off methane?

they did it on mythbusters quite simply with a lawn mower.

Truckers are in the same situation. If they can't get fuel, the stores will be empty. But I don't think it will come to that, things will just be more expensive. I just want to get rid of all these huge gas wasting vehicles for now, that would help a lot. Not only would we be using a lot less gas, but the streets would be a lot safer. Peace. Jerry.

i miss having a tiny car. ive owned 3 cars that exceeded 50pmg in the last 15 years, and i hate that i can't have one anymore.

someday i will again, but sadly not for at least 10+ years.

yeah, I imagine not all crude is the same either

LOL and strap my 3 small kids where?

Europe's fuel prices have been higher than this for years, they just happen to have a great rail system. I'm sure we could get our system up to snuff in a couple years if we put an honest effort into it. Just imagine how sweet it would be to have clean-burning coal steam engines!

Come to think of it, that well was nat gas and distillate, which can smell, but not like crude.

none of the altrniteve energy sources are half as good as gas lets go down the list

1 electric o no range and uses just as much if not more coal to produce great idea

2hydrogen uses more electricity 2 split the water than an electric car uses to go some where

3bio fuel good idea use our food as fuel then we depend on other countries for food

4 compressed air uses 1 to make it an every time u transfer energy u lose energy

IMO, mass transit sucks big time. I want to do my own driving/riding, and go where I want when I want. FREEDOM. We already have a great highway system, and city street system. I still say the immediate solution is small fuel efficient vehicles. It is totally possible to build a car that hauls 4 and gets 50 mpg,(Honda did it back in the mid '70s with the first Civic) and if you get DOT and the EPA out of the picture (no air bags, safety bumpers, side impact door beams, ABS, emissions equipment, very little electronics, etc.), it could be done very cheaply. Mopeds, motorcycles, and scooters don't have those things (yet), why would a tiny little car need to have them? Peace. Jerry.

a guy actually built a engine that every third shot of fuel was water probably horrible for the engine but good to cool down your engine and get better gas millage

part of the problem is all the requirements. u have to put air bags in, ok up the horses on the engine to take the weight u have to only let out 3% gas out of the exhaust, ok up the horses on the engine to take the restriction, they must be better frames, ok up the horses on the engine to take the weight

then u wonder y we get crappy millage and all those small cars cars r not safe at the speeds we like to drive.

last random incoherent rant on the concept of being better than the Jones. every one has it, here it's i wanna get a better,faster,rarer bike and to me i have a bike, one of 2 at our high school. the other guys is way nicer but he's a senior and that thing is like his car

Theres a hydrogen fuel cell car out, its being released to the public late 08 earlier 09

toe fur threadkiller /

marijuana plants provide for all of the fuel/energy, paper, clothing, and tons of other shit. do some research. it a resource that is completely renewable, can be grown in mass quantities, completely clearcut, and regrown in months. and we don't use it why?

oh yeah.

weed is bad.

what a bunch of bullshit.

fuck hydrogen, too. until it can be produced efficiently and without using petrol, it's a worse idea than corn ethanol.

what an awful idea, not a solution.

the website itself doesnt even explain this concept it just keeps telling U to sign the petetion repeatedly

yea do research

whatever

Re: yea do research

toe fur threadkiller /

p.s.

petitions don't really work on a federal level, because they demand the foregone conclusion that those in office care about what the people say.

they don't.

Geo metro had all that safety and emission equipment. I miss mine, it was a fun little car, it was also reliable and easy to work on. I got rear ended at an intersection and the car literally bounced forward off the old Buick that hit it. No damage done! Mass transit is great for commuting, I hate my hour long drive to work, it was great for a couple years but to me freedom is being able to sleep or read a book rather than tend to the road that I've seen 1000s of times. We still should own cars but for the mundane stuff let someone else take the wheel. The EPA and DOT aren't holding us back as much as our love for large powerful vehicles. My 2002 Saturn SL gets 40mpg and has all the safety equipment you could want. It's just not a terribly fun car, though it is a stick.

Re: yea do research

oh, hehe your not actually a bot. My bad.

***Vanilla Thunder*** /

i will absolutly shit if i cant drive my bronco. im 6'5 280. you aint gonna see me in no metro.

BryAn eurism /

Let them keep their cages, but make them all stick, no power anything, no windshield and a marginal portion of roof. That way people with poor balance or coordination will be on the same level playing field as people who choose to ride. Bring back the sportsmanship of driving the way it was in the Model T days

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account