whats the good about e50?

i just bought what used to be a magnum on ebay and it has an e50 on it... but i dont see whats so great about it..anyone care to share?

Re: whats the good about e50?

Single speed which many believe is better to maintain than it's two speed brother the ZA50. Many performance parts are available. Just a solid engine.

Simple as a hammer.

solid enuf to put any one of the millions of kits they make for it and there carbs aren't a pain to tune (sorry my fa50 needed tuned today)

whats great about the e50 lots of parts available,simple to rebuild, you can build a monster out of it.

its bomb proof

Yup.

cool, so apparently other than the fact my carb is stuck i have a good engine :)

When you get to decide what kit, exhaust and carburetor to purchase, you will learn to love this little gem.

it came with a biturbo and 5 head fins missing :/

Get a new/used head, IMO, the Biturbo is fine, but the Bing carb is a piece of shit. I have one on my ZA50, and though it works good, it has leaked for the past 4,000 miles, and there appears to be no way to stop it. This is the original carb, a new one might not be that way, I've done everything I can do with it, there is nothing wrong with it, it leaks through the float bowl vent, which is nothing but a pinhole drilled through the carb body. As for the E50, they are arguably the best moped engine ever made. Built like an anvil. IMO, better than Tomos, and a Tomos will run forever stock, but does not hold up well when kitted. What impressed me about the E50 is how heavy and strong the cases are compared to a lot of moped engines. I have a near new E50 that I bought off eBay from Harry Hoppe, I was going to put it in my Newport, before deciding to rebuild the ZA50. So now it is soaked in oil and wrapped up in a heavy plastic bag, awaiting whatever I decide to do with it, which does not include selling it. E50s in this condition don't come along every day. They are definitely something to hang on to. You can rebuild them almost indefinitely. Peace. Jerry.

simple and reliable if they are stock like mine. no major problems... yet

« Go to Topic — end of thread