Chicago mopeds

Jason Luther /

I was in Chicago this last weekend (Sunday-Tuesday) and was surprised at the number of mopeds and "mopeds" we saw. even my wife and daughter were on lookout. It seems the Honda ruckus types are very popular. However, when we were at the lincoln park zoo there were a few real mopeds. someone was flying by on a modded tomos sprint (no pedals, but close enough) with cafe bars and also there was a yellow ped, which my view was blocked by a bus [both on clark street], but if id have to guess id say a motobecane?.... anyway two-stroke/4 stroke/50cc were swarming the downtown

Re: Chicago mopeds

Lil MotoGuzzi Vert /

I'm actually in the process of converting my moped to a "moped." The quotations add 5 mph but you have to do some cutting/welding.

þλ†Я¡¢k §¡§ΩИ /

did you get that rigid frame back to cali max?

yeah, I was there last week. It's fucking amazing. I'm sure a part of it has to do with the 100 or so mopeds/nopeds Warbux has sold so far this year. It was amazing. And also, kinda weird. Like, who the hell are these kids? I bet half of them don't even know Moped Army exists.

Bruce Edwards /

That's interesting, I only see scooters here in Lincoln Park.

sir thaddeusforemen /

i've probably never seen moped before sadfully, i've seen like tons of scooters.

i saw a red moby downtown last time i was there.

Jake Shaughnessy /

im never in the city but my brother works there and i get calls from him every day sain how he bord and saw mopeds today. there must be a lot of peds passin for my add brother to notice one from his tower crane.

there are so many randos on peds this year in chicago. I see 3-5 new people a day on mopeds that I don't know.

þλ†Я¡¢k §¡§ΩИ /

I usually see a few a week where i work in lp and in uptown/lakeview. I was surprised though that i saw one in my hood on the northside...

i never see any O.o

yeah, lots of mopeds. but definately more dudes on fixed gears.

Seriously getting sick of seeing the stereotypical fixed gear dude everywhere i turn my freaking head. And ya I see at least 3-4 random peds each week. Even saw a few cruising around in Milwaukee over the weekend too.

Jason Luther /

yeah i was checking out the fixed gear as well. I saw a motobecane, and a bianchi

Lil MotoGuzzi Vert /

The wheels are in motion on that one but I'm now convinced that the pedal crank we couldn't get off is WAY different than on my other puchs. dunno how I'm gonna get it off.

Yo by the way Pat. go to

http://www.chokemotorcycleshop.com/

Read the newsletter... they have an article on the exact same problem you're having.

▣ß@ηℊℙℐṔ∃▣ ™ /

was there a couple weeks ago saw 4 guys riding around shedd on sprints

Most of the new kids give the moped wave of acknowledgment but there are a few people that act too cool.

Randos, I gotta use that.

that's what I call my drunken makeouts---randos.

Awesome, you actually have a name for that.

yes. and my name is the makeout bandit. i earned that from my detroit friends. i try to avoid living up to it as much as possible these days, what with my increasing age and such.

What does increasing age have to do with anything? Besides, arent we all increasing age? Duh.

don't "duh" me. of course we're all getting older, I just need to stop doing shit that freshman college girls do. shit, i still use my fake ID. and i hit on a 19 year old the other day. i'm well on my way to cougardom.

Just messin. Obviously you must like young'ns so why change what ya like.

they aint nothing wrong with messing around with 19 yr olds.

Just because they dont know about mopedarmy doesnt make them mopeders.. i didnt find this till a friend said google it, alot of people dont google there answers they call around or ask a mechanic.

thing is, i like mansons. as in charlies. this 19 year old looked 30+. i don't know what hormones the FDA has been putting in these kiddies' Gerber jars, but that shit turns a baby face into a chia pet.

ha. um, this is aimee on jeff's computer. YIKES.

i've never seen another moped in person EVER! i'm fucking serious. ok, the neighbor guys one that didnt run because it was ridden in sand and left to rot outside for 15 years.

i've never ever seen another running moped.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account