is the puch brand name still owned?

does anyone own the puch brand name (name and logo), could someone forseeably start making new puchs, like tomos?

just wondering, if not, im gunna buy it

Re: is the puch brand name still owned?

steyr-diamler-puch's motorcycle division (puch) was sold to piaggio (vespa) when steyr-diamler-puch broke up. So i assume they still own the name.

I thought some big asian manufacturer bought the tools and somhow Hero got the name rights?

There is a large potential I'm entirely wrong...

Somwhere out there could be a warehouse with a stamping tool for the maxi frame....prolly just a dream!

If you could find/afford that shit I say drop the doughhh

I was just thinking about that the other day, I shit you not! On a slightly related note, we were discussing someone purchasing the rights to produce Polaroid film since it's closing down, and Puch was immediately brought up.

Those two sentences are all kinds of grammatically wrong. But fuck it. It's summer.

cool cool, thanks, ill set some money aside, + i think fuji makes a comparable instant camera/fim to polaroid that is sold overseas/asia.

I think some Chinese or Indian company had it last.

John Joedicke /

Indian

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

"http://www.heromotors.com/":http://www.heromotors.com/

They still make and sell Hero Puchs. Just can't seem to get them in the US...

Someone find a way to import these things. Or at least get a truckload of new e50s here.

My good people,find out what Hero can make and/or sell.

they are selling them as hero-majestic though not Puch. Isn't puch still involved in military vehicles and such?

You can bet someone owns the Puch name, the big question is, does anybody still own the design patents to '70s model Puchs? If not, someone could reproduce the Puch design under a different name. But nobody is going to do it. The market is not there. Tomos has the U.S. moped market sewed up, and they are in trouble with the EPA. Just because a handfull of people would buy them doesn't make it worthwhile to mass produce them. As for the Indian name, that is the most convoluted nightmare I've ever seen. In the past 20 years, at least that many companies have tried to revive the Indian Motorcycle Company. Every single one of them failed. As of right now, the Indian name is tied up so deep in litigation it may never see the light of day again, which might not be a bad thing. Indian is dead, let it rest in peace. Meanwhile, I have a completely undamaged rust free Puch frame, and a near new E50, with less than 300 miles on it, never been apart. I'm running the Puch with a ZA50 right now, but someday I'm going to completely restore it, including new sidecovers, and install the E50 in it. It will probably outlast me. Peace. Jerry.

Diemler chrystler owns it. They need to make reproduction models with a 4 cycle engines or something.

Jerry i hate to burst your bubble but pick up an issure of this months rider. new cheifs hit show room floors next summer.

That's not good news, but I'll believe it when I see it. The last Indians made had outdated Harley clone engines in them, cost more than a real Harley, and were constantly breaking down. They were really no different than these designer choppers made by small companies, which also cost a fortune, break down a lot, and have no manufacturer support. There are very few happy Indian owners out there, unless they got the thing dirt cheap, from someone who finally gave up on it, and took a huge loss just to get rid of it. If they do start making new ones, I hope they are better quality than the last ones. If you want an American brand, and don't want a Harley, Victory provides a nice reliable alternative, and is not a Harley copy. Peace. Jerry.

off the site http://auto.indiamart.com/mopeds-scooterettes/hero-puch/

Hero Puch Automatic

Note:- Company has stopped manufacturing this model.

This moped of Hero Group is a small vehicle which is meant for commuting short distances. It has a 2 stroke, air cooled engine with capacity of 64 cc. It is a very light weight vehicle of 67 kg which makes it easy to drive for women.

lol at the last sentence

I used to work as a materials supervisor for Daimler Chrysler for a few years after college. I'll see what info I can get from my creepy older execs in stutgart.

How about those Riddell v-twin bikes that have variators. I cant believe those are $12,000

yeah there are a million of these things over in India. i rode one in Malvan...they are pretty nice

You mean the Ridley? I don't know what to think of those things. I can't figure out why somebody would want an automatic motorcycle. I'd like to have a moped with a manual transmission. Peace. Jerry.

I think piaggio licensed Jawa to make Puchs, which is where the Korado came from in the 90s, and then i think jawa and Hero majestic got together to make the hero-puch austro daimler copies. You could still order those(in kick- and electric-start only) as of like 2005, i don't think anyone imports them anymore.

If you remade the maxi, or almost any of our metal framed bikes again, just as they were, I think you'd be distressed as to how much that amount of stamped metal costs. The Motobecane 881's, which are copies of the AV88, sell in japan for over $3,000.

Yeah, Ridley. Nah think about those weekend warrior types. The polo shirt bad-asses . They would love it! a good looking motorcycle that drives as easy as their Accura.

actually the last motor indian used was there own powerplus 100. which is a great motor once you change out the sump. they are now useing i belive a powerplus 109. but the last of the indians, the cheifs with their own motor were really good bikes. ive ridden a couple and worked on 2. id ride them before i ever threw a leg over a harley. now they will be 30,000 bikes. so thats super gay. but these guys know what they are doing so it should be interesting to watch. the same guys broght back criss cross boats to great acclaim. the new cheif looks really good in the pics they have in the rag. they have 100 preorders already. but anyways. i want a scout. i hope they will do one in the future.

i thought BMW owned puch.......

I am not an Indian expert, though I wouldn't mind having a REAL Indian, from the late '40s or early '50s, just before they went out of business. I thought the Powerplus 100 engine was basically an evo design, that had some cosmetic alterations on the outside. I was told it was mostly S&S, Merch, Delkron, Andrews, and other aftermarket parts on the inside, and still used the basic Harley design. But Indian went out of business right after they came out with this engine, so there is not much information available on it that I can find. Peace. Jerry.

George Smith /

yeah they actually licensed manet which made the puch korados known as the manet korado, and manet is a former jawa partner/make of jawas, It's pretty screwed up. Think they stopped making manet korados with the e50 in like 2006...

http://www.mpkorado.cz/en/index.php?page=fotogalerie&fotogalerie=ruzne-druhy-mopedu-manet-korado

link to view different models from 1996-2006

George Smith /

I'm sure we can get the babetta name if we try...

Aren't we talking about India, the country (where Hero is located)? How does the Indian Motorcycle Company (of North Carolina) have anything to do with it?

Just a diversion. Peace. Jerry.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account