info on buying a 76 honda

Hi...info on a 76 honda

Sorry if my first post is on the wrong category.

I have an opportunity to buy a honda moped. It is from an old fellow up the street I trust. He thinks it is a 76. I only seen it once. It is blue, and has white fenders. the front fender wraps over half way around the wheel i think. It has 244 miles,and is almost like new shape from what i remember the only time i seen it.

I am wondering what is a fair price for this?

Also...there is a girl at work with a 49 cc new scooter. would i be able to keep up with her?

Re: info on buying a 76 honda

Are you sure of that year, since i do not think Honda made a moped that year. The scooter may do 40 mph and this honda moped may do 30 mph if you are lucky.

mod for mod the scooter will always win.

IS THIS it? I eclosed an attachment of a 1967 honda moped.

1214270137_1967_honda_p50_copy1.jpg

I only seen it once. The guy thinks its a 76, maybe a 72. It is in that era for sure. He called me out of the blue about it.

I suspect he is sick. He is asking 800. Even as a collectible, I could put it in my bedroom now that I am single again lol.

I have no idea. But I used to ride dirt bikes growing up. I live in a city where everything is within 10 minutes. 15 on a moped.

But...I can buy a new scooter for about 2000 I think.

I don't want to miss a good deal, but don't want to waste money either.

Gas is killing me in my pathfinder.

Thanks.

I only seen it once...but that is pretty close. I thought the fender went further around on the front. As for how it runs, I dont know. 244 miles...like new? i don't even know when it was last started. I never seen him drive it.

actually.. i look at the pic again. i don't know. the colours are right. i don't even remember where the motor was. the guy is 72, but he says he thinks it is a 76 or 72. is there a price guide anywhere? cause i do remember the shape it was in. i'll try and find out more tomorrow.

How about this attachment i enclosed of a 1972 honda moped. You can get a Kinetic TFR 2005 NEW old stock moped shipped to you for $949 or less and there is a four stroke engine moped with electric start for around $900 shipped. Make sure what ever you buy has or had pedals on it. Do not buy a scooter.

1214272493_honda1972moped.jpg

Thanks Patrick. I think that is more likely it. Why buy one with pedals?

I know the exercise and all.

But are they more collectible? are there different rules for licence and insurance etc.

I wasn't even thinking of a moped or scooter, but I like biking and the cost of gas is right. I also like antiques, and was thinking of using it like a decoration in the bedroom...

Maybe I'm getting old...I am. It mainly seems to me like to good a deal to pass up with the shape it is in and 244 miles. If I had it I am sure I would use it sometimes just for fun.

MOPED ARMY is all about real mopeds that had or have pedals. If it does not have pedals it would be a noped, or a scooter.You need to check your local laws to see the rules for licence and insurance.To anyone on here, a moped with pedals would be looked at as more collectable.Any moped older than 1975 is collectable in my eyes. Nopeds are liked by some members, but someone who rides a scooter looks like they are sitting on a toilet bowl and we here at MOPED ARMY do not want people seen in public sitting on a toilet bowl.

this one has pedals :)

thanks... if i get more info tomorrow i may ask for more help.

sounds like 75 and 76 is a difference.

« Go to Topic — end of thread