Need Moped Mentor-Denver

Just bought first moped (1978 Kromag Free Spirit) it needs some TLC. It turns over but stalls shortly afterwards, Flat back tire (need new tube) and throttle cable sticks. I'm looking for a moped mentor to show me the ropes of this awesome power machine from the mechanics, to the culture. I live in the Denver area, any interest please reply. See you on the road soon.

Thanks Moped Army,

Collin

Re: Need Moped Mentor-Denver

Did you buy your ped in Rifle, CO?

Zachary Evans, Destroyer of Worlds /

Best way is to show up to one of our rides, say you found out about it here...

Denver has an unoficial gang, the Spokesmen.

We meet at Sputnick (elsworth and broadway) on saturdays from here on, somewhere around sevenPM.

Then we wrench on sundays. Got one dude who met us through here running yesterday, and Tim almost got his new one going as well.

Give me a call some time, and I'll see if I can give you some pointers. Maybe you can have it running on your own by saturday.

~Zack

(720)982-6924

If it is the one that I think it is, he can have it running in no time. Just patch the tube, clean the carb and tinker with the throttle cable.......should be good to go. The tires were decent, an old lady had kept in her garage for 20+ years. I missed it by 10min at a yard sale. Zack knows my horrible story, ha.

Listen to those Denver guys, they know whats up.

Saturdays? Damn. That means you'll see me less at rides.

But yea Collin, just come out and hang. It will be a good time.

Stoops the only Stoops /

Hey Colin,

Welcome.

Come to my place next Sunday... call me and I'll give you a ride. 720.339.8773. We have a shop with the tools and knowledge to fix things up. We fix then ride together. That is the expectation at least. We are building a community in Denver.

Ryan

The Spokes

hey ryan,

thanks for the response. i will be out of town next weekend. but anytime other than that i'm usually available. i work the typical 9-5 but am definitely looking forward to meeting some peeps and learning my way around the moped.

another time soon?

thanks

collin

yeah, they delivered it to me at work in denver. awesome. couldn't pass it up, but i can't figure out the throttle cable and then the thing went flat. can't wait to get it on the road. sorry you missed out, but thanks for the advice

collin

No worries, glad it went to someone who will enjoy it.

Sweet,

we meet every Sunday. Make sure you get a tube before you come over because motorcycle shops are closed on Sunday.

Ryan

I've been to a couple motorcycle shops looking for a tube, no luck so far. any ideas? i need a 2 1/4" by 17" tube. It sounds like some motorcycle shops in denver carry moped tubes.

if any one knows one that would be great.

thanks

collin

The guys in Denver may know somewhere local. If not try this

http://quarterkick.com/wheels/kenda-2-25/2-50-17-inner-tube/prod_34.html

Sportique should have them. Google map

hi, i apologize for interrupting your thread, but im in the same sort of position you are in...and i live in denver. i have this moped, i also have this bad habit of taking things apart. last weekend i tried putting the moped back togther. id like to get it running, but im having trouble getting started. its a vespa ciao, im not sure which year. i need tubes, tires, head lamp, front brake cable, and a spark plug...and some help making sure i have the wiring harness in right. i looked on a couple of websites like zippymoped, but couldnt find everything i was looking for. ill try sportique tomorrow. i know very little about working on mopeds or riding them for that matter, but id love to learn.

thanks,

thomas

Sportique should be able to get you tubes, tires, brake cable, and sparkplug.

Get all those, and try to get ahold of us for garage day on Sunday. To the best of our ability, we'll try to get it doing something.

Everyone ome over on Sunday. Bring beer. Call me at 720.339.8773

Stoops

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account