Wanna be a dealer

I am trying to open up a shop but I wanna be a dealer, I wanted to sell tomos but there is already a tomos dealer in my area so they said no. anyone got any ideas on other brands.

Jesse

Re: Wanna be a dealer

open a moped refurbishing shop. If i could find an old barn full of bikes, thats what I"d be doing.

I thought this was going to be about pot.

or possibly meth.

Talk to the Colombians. jk

dont they still make the kinetics? maybe those. but, i would vote for a refurbishing/repair shop. then just sell parts.

i heard kinetic went out of business.

You could look into selling Ramzey mopeds. They are Peugeot clones, made by Turks. They are actually pretty decent quality. They have models with kickstart and electric start, and all peds are variated and have CDI ignition.

A friend of mine has a Ramzey engine on his Peugeot 104. Still runs strong after many miles. And every Ramzey part is a direct bolt on onto Peugeot and vice versa. Haven't found anything that doesn't fit yet.

And I think you could sell things like Ramzey kickstart or elec. start engines or CDI ignitions to a lot of Peugeot riders on the board.

<www.ramzeymoped.com>

One downside, the webpage isn't in English (they used to have a English website, but I can't find it). But you can press the button "Iletisim" and send them an e-mail. I'm sure they'll speak English.

Hmm, link fell through.

www.ramzeymoped.com

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

There are rumors of an Indian company still making Puchs. Hunt them down, get that stuff over here, and you'll be a hero.

Maitland Of the Loin /

hilariously enough, that company is actually called Hero.

see if peugeot will let you import to the U.S. I'd buy one of the new vogues.

kinetic went belly up because they are shit. tomos is the only moped brand legally able to be imported as they are the only one who can meet us emission standards

You should figure out to to manufacture replica Puchs or Minarellis and then sell those.

When was this information obtained about Kinetic? As far as i know, they are still in bussiness. You can order around six mopeds from them to get the wholesale price.They are known on ebay as vintagecosmo or cosmo motors. There is another moped out there with the four stroke engine with electric start from the west coast that is now being sold on ebay for $699, you may be able to get these and buy in quantity to get the wholesale price. And the new VINless moped gas electric engine hybrid is something to look into also. Tomos USA is known to have a crazy guy that is in charge so you are better off they told you no. People complain about tthe Tomos USA website and they disrespect the people who complain about it, this is not the way to do buisseness. Tomos has some great dealers out there, but if they get rid of that guy in charge of Tomos USA things should get better.

Sell MBKs, I was on a turkish website that sold brand new Mobylettes! I wonder if you could import 2 strokes and install tomos cat-converters on them. Baron's Laser would be a good choice if you could figure out what exactly needs to be changed out on them to make them a decent bike.

kinetic might be still in business, but most respectable dealers will usually turn them away.. they are too shitty.

they can't be imported at any rate, as they do not meet emission standards.

trust me, all of the moped shops in the states have been trying to figure out how to bring over more bikes, so far it just isn't possible. not legally anyway. they aren't giving up, though..

Cosmo just recently,or they claimed they were, brought in a container of 2005 new old stock mopeds.The 2005 new old stock meet emission standards for that year.

The people I deal with at Tomos are pretty good to do business with. But I'm not finding selling mopeds to be a goldmine.

Do you finance mopeds, there is money to be made in that . Customer gets moped ,makes small monthly payment to wells fargo,etc and you get paid in full. I am not sure what the wholesale price is on Tomos, but i think there is more money to be made selling Kinetic TFR mopeds.If not more money per unit. i think you could sell 3 Kinetics to only 2 Tomos mopeds.

« Go to Topic — end of thread